Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best car to mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 10:50 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Best car to mod

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

toff u like the last MR-S the 1.8 non turbos
i hear they handle like a dream but they lack power
i dont like drop tops casue they just add unneeded additional weight
A bit hit and miss... Looks wise.. Big mistake. They needed to make it a little more agressive, along the lines of the VX220, or Elise... Engine wise, they should AT LEAST have offered the same 190 engine from the Celica T-sport. That would have made it a little more respectful. Handling wise, it is almost as good as the Elise. its flappy-paddle gearbox has a two week delay on it though. You may get used to it with use, but I found it hideous. It had the makings of a stunning little budget sportscar, but they dropped the ball leaving it with a 138 bhp weakling engine.

FYI they run the MR-S in the JGTC... It has the 3S-GTE engine in it from the fourtrac and the MR2 Turbo (Can you tell i love that engine?).

Toyota have lost the plot a little. At one point they had 3 great cars. The GT-4, the Supra, and the MR2 Turbo. Now they have binned the Supra, and word is still waiting on its replacment. The Celice, with a poxy 190 bhp, VVTI engine, that hardly gives it any poke at all, and the MR-S, which is equally as weedy. From a manufacturer of FAST cars, they have none...

9can you tell I'm a big jap-car fan??)

Old 10-30-2005, 10:52 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

The 2.0 turbo engine in the S15 is a great engine, with shedload sof potential. Not sure about US versions, as they tend to differ to the ones I'm used to playing woth.
There is no US-Spec S15.
You guys miss out on some good cars. The 245 tubby, the S 15.. what else is missing??

Old 10-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Administrator

u kno we dont get the honda type Rs we get a decent but toned down version
no skyline yet

Old 10-30-2005, 11:10 PM
3rd Gear

So you don't get civic type R's?? Ir integra type R's?? (the civics are an absolute hoot on the twisties.). You guys also miss out on some smashing little french cars. Clio V6, Clio cup, 205 gti's, 1.6 rallye... not the quickest cars, but on the little twisty roads here, they are a scream!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

So you don't get civic type R's?? Ir integra type R's?? (the civics are an absolute hoot on the twisties.). You guys also miss out on some smashing little french cars. Clio V6, Clio cup, 205 gti's, 1.6 rallye... not the quickest cars, but on the little twisty roads here, they are a scream!
we dont get any of that

Old 10-30-2005, 11:21 PM
3rd Gear

Clio V6... 3.0 V6 in the back, instead of rear seats...

Clo 182... Not much to look at, but stripped out, and will be a match laptime-wise for scoobies

Civic type R

205gti...80's classic, in the same vein as a mk1 golf

Renault 5 GT Turbo

Not the quickest, or best looking cars by a long shot, but great rides... The Gti and the R5 turbo were pant wetters for me when I was little. Those thing will go down a twisty road qyuicker than **** off a shovel!

Old 10-31-2005, 02:07 AM
3rd Gear

I'd love that R5 turbo or the Clio V6...I have to read EVO magazine to learn exactly how much better my life would be if those cars were in it.

Tell your friend to get a turbo Supra, a used STi, an FD, or one of the new EJ25 WRXes.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:10 AM

Hes looking at the new WRX, and i said supra but hes ot allowed a year below 2000, (some maintence deal with his dad of something)

Old 10-31-2005, 02:25 AM
4th Gear

Oh right and beating the **** out of a wrx wont lead to high mantnace costs. His dad must be new at this. Anyway, I think thats a good car to start out on.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:46 AM
3rd Gear

His dad is retarded. A car's age has very little to do with its reliability, and giving your kid 25Gs to spend on a first car with restrictions that come from his own narrow, uninformed, biased knowledge is the stupidest thing he could do. I hate parents that give their kids blank checks with limits that are defined only by their own egos. Kids with that kind of parenting invariably turn out to be stupid, worthless douches.

That rules out an FD or a Supra. So tell your friend to get a WRX. A used STI or a brand new 2.5L "Tuner Package" WRX. I wouldn't trust an Evo as far as I could throw it. RX-8 is underpowered and too flashy for a high-school kid. 350Z is an ugly lardass that's also too conspicuous. I'd say an S4, but I would hate for him to have one, purely out of personal bitterness. Besides, it's super super expensive to mod or maintain. WRXs are really easy to work on.