Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Back to school

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 02:54 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Back to school

ORIGINAL: kolbs_91

I don't see many other Audi's at all where I'm at...I kind of wish I lived up near Chicago so I could go to some of the get-togethers when I get my license.
Yeah i wish you did too, then id have a new audi buddy. we'd go to autocrosses and everything. not many people here know what audis are either but thats cause i still ive in still a pretty much devolping area, no more little town that i remember.my only real friend here is trying to buy my audi off me, which i dont really care but im trying to find him a cheap 96 to we can start autoX and stuff. im still trying to clear my schedule for autoX #5 with the audi club of chicagoland.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:59 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: skunkoncrunk

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

The cool thing about it is that you only get tested on when you learn each session. Example, my film class is MPV101. I had a midterm 2 weeks ago and then I have my final in 2 weeks. Once I am done I don't get tested on it anymore. Basically what they do is take a 16 week (a normal quarter at HS) and fit it in a 7 week session. Then I have a week off and then do it again. Then on holidays like Christmas and beginning of summer I have 2-3 weeks off. The great thing about it is that you are kept busy and the sessions just fly by. Plus I am learning stuff that I actually WANT to learn so it's much better then normal college or HS.

Josh
Your attending Brooks right?

I looked into them for their Graphic Design program.
That I am!

josh

Old 08-23-2007, 04:06 AM
2nd Gear

So I got a letter in the mail today saying that I am now on academic suspension and have been dropped from all my classes. WTF? School starts on Monday! I was never even on academic probation to my knowledge, but they kicked me out because I dropped two classes in the summer term (which ended like June 25-ish). So I'm going to go down there first thing in the morning and beg for mercy/kick some asses. This makes no sense to me at all, why they would choose to do this NOW. I could understand if they did it when summer term ended, but at this point it's not like they're admitting any new students, so I'm not really bloating the roster. They've already got my damn money for fall classes (and books and parking), how do they win in this situation? Hopefully someone there will realize how f@%&ing stupid this is and let me back in. Of course, it's gonna be a pain in the *** trying to get classes 4 days before the term starts (which is why I did early registration in MAY!)

Anyone ever dealt with a similar situation? Any tips on what I should say? Or should I just drop my pants and spread 'em?

Old 08-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Zombie Defense Force

strange. dont let them kick you out. hell if you already paid then they should have no choice but to let you in. sorry that sucks bro

Old 08-24-2007, 08:24 AM
2nd Gear

I went and talked to someone yesterday and it turns out I just have to wait until spring and I can come back. Still, I am appealing it but classes start Monday and add/drop period is only one week. I kinda doubt they're gonna make a decision in time for me to take anything. That, and there's not gonna be much choice for classes if they do.

I still don't get why this happened, but the woman I talked to was really nice and was actually trying to help, so I didn't want to be a dick about it.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:58 AM
4th Gear

well atleast they helped. everytime i go to admissions they give me the run around. i just screwed n my FAFsa because the school F##@ed up my name and listed me as a new student, they finally figured everything out after i paid for everything, so hopefully i can use the fafsa stuff when i get new classes in spring.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:02 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BAMF

I'm glad to see there are plenty of other young Audi owners here. Whenever I pass an Audi on the road, I try to make eye contact and give a little wave or something, but most everyone I see in Audis here are middle aged people who could probably care less if they're driving an Audi, aside from the status.
haha i know exactly what you're talking about! one day i decided i was going to wave to everyone driving an audi. like 2 younger people waved back that was it. everyone else was a middle aged, white man.

and i go back to school next monday, i can't wait. senior in college this year but i'm afraid that life is really begining.