Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Back to school

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:17 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Back to school

The student parking lot at my school consists of Audi's (one RS4 belonging to a 17 year old), BMW's, Mercedes's, Volvo's and the rest.

Spoiled kids!

Old 08-21-2007, 03:23 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Darkmech

The student parking lot at my school consists of Audi's (one RS4 belonging to a 17 year old), BMW's, Mercedes's, Volvo's and the rest.

Spoiled kids!
That sucks. That kid probably doesn't have any idea of how fortunate he is to have a car like that when he is only 17. I'll be happy to have a ride that sweet when I'm retired! lol.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:25 AM
4th Gear

Yeah.. I have been in school since July 13th! I will be done with my first session here in 2 weeks and then I have a week off then another 7 weeks of school, then another week off and so on all year long (yes a full calender year, not a school year.)

Josh

Old 08-21-2007, 03:31 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

Yeah.. I have been in school since July 13th! I will be done with my first session here in 2 weeks and then I have a week off then another 7 weeks of school, then another week off and so on all year long (yes a full calender year, not a school year.)

Josh
I don't know if I'd like those full calendar years or not...probably not though because I forget things pretty quickly.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:35 AM
4th Gear

The cool thing about it is that you only get tested on when you learn each session. Example, my film class is MPV101. I had a midterm 2 weeks ago and then I have my final in 2 weeks. Once I am done I don't get tested on it anymore. Basically what they do is take a 16 week (a normal quarter at HS) and fit it in a 7 week session. Then I have a week off and then do it again. Then on holidays like Christmas and beginning of summer I have 2-3 weeks off. The great thing about it is that you are kept busy and the sessions just fly by. Plus I am learning stuff that I actually WANT to learn so it's much better then normal college or HS.

Josh

Old 08-21-2007, 03:40 AM
5th Gear

The cool thing about it is that you only get tested on when you learn each session. Example, my film class is MPV101. I had a midterm 2 weeks ago and then I have my final in 2 weeks. Once I am done I don't get tested on it anymore. Basically what they do is take a 16 week (a normal quarter at HS) and fit it in a 7 week session. Then I have a week off and then do it again. Then on holidays like Christmas and beginning of summer I have 2-3 weeks off. The great thing about it is that you are kept busy and the sessions just fly by. Plus I am learning stuff that I actually WANT to learn so it's much better then normal college or HS.

Josh
That actually sounds pretty cool. I usually do okay on finals, but I hate trying to remember something I learned that long ago...especially in my World History class. The first semester, we had like a whole 70 page notebook of notes to go over before finals. I ended up getting a D+ on the test but came out with a B in the class.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:14 AM
3rd Gear

Josh
Your attending Brooks right?

I looked into them for their Graphic Design program.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: kolbs_91

ORIGINAL: Darkmech

Spoiled kids!
That sucks. That kid probably doesn't have any idea of how fortunate he is to have a car like that when he is only 17. I'll be happy to have a ride that sweet when I'm retired! lol.
He doesn't. He's putting neons on it soon.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:47 PM
5th Gear

NEONS?!? WTF?!? Is heretarded? Things like that really get to me...people can be so stupid.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:49 PM
1st Gear

^that just made me very very angry adn scared my girlfriend...and i just threw up in my mouth a little who in the hell puts neons on a RS4..freakin idiot

Quick Reply: Back to school