Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Awesome week at work. *Decent rant*

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Keep us updated man! I always love those interviews when the boss/manager is cocky. I always find a way to put my own cockiness in there, somehow.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by achTTung

Did not like my asking wage. Which may mean that if I was forced to take this job, it could be a lateral move, if not worse. But it would be being paid roughly the same for being a button pusher instead of a programmer/machinist. Less pay/less responsibility.

Playing it by ear, and keeping my eye out for other options. My cougar wants me to start my own fab shop.
Stick to your guns on teh starting wage. No employer EVAR like your asking wage, unless it's already way below what they were planning on spending. If he balks, again, casually mention that "you get what you pay for." If there is a way to soft-pedal it by suggesting quarterly/semi-annual/annual job reviews and tie that into a pre-defined bonus... That may be a way to lateral and take the onus of earning moar on your own shoulders as a way of establishing your bones. If you try this, make sure it's in writing; and, in writing that end-of-year bonuses earned this way then become an integral part of next years salary. If he's truly after excellence he'll understand your line-in-the sand (that you're willing to stake your future earnings on teh quality of your work).

Just some suggestions...

keep us posted