Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Which Audi To Start With?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Default Which Audi To Start With?

Hey guys,

I'm taking a break from college for awhile and wanted to dip my toe into the Audi ocean, but i know so little about them. I personally am a jeep guy (Wrangler) so everything on that is basically like putting together legos and and parts are very cheap so i can do all the work. From my jeep i've got a general knowledge in vehicles, but i know i have much more to learn. That being said, I plan on learning as much as i can about Audi's in general, but if you could give me a general direction to start in that would be great.

I'm wondering which model will be best for me to start off with, whether i should start simple with an older A4, or jump in a bit deeper with something else. As of right now i only have about $12000 to work with so that limits me somewhat. I'd love to have a TT but realize that it probably isn't attainable on my meager budget.

If i were to get an older A4 (or A6) say in the 98-01 range, what are some common trouble spots to look for? Which parts go out in this time frame? needs replaced? etc...

Thanks alot for the help guys.
=Brad

Old 11-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Which Audi To Start With?

https://www.audiforums.com/m_398839/tm.htm