Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Audi sales staff are the worst !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi sales staff are the worst !!!!!!

Hi

If l can't find an Audi by mid jan then l will be forced to go to a dealer only auction to pick up my A4 vert.

I have noticed that most of the A4 vert's that are on Audi lots are from auctions not only in Pa. but in Fla.

Alan

Old 12-28-2007, 12:21 PM
4th Gear

true that, thats why when you go buy a car be educated, i once walked into an audi dealer and asked if they had any B5s out back that they would wholesale to me, hes like whats a B5.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:32 PM
4th Gear

ill see my luck when i buy my first Used Audi

Old 12-28-2007, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

The more l think about it 98% of all car sales people are selling cars because they lost their job and believed the hype that you can make a lot of money selling cars. True there is always one or two people in a dealership that actually make a living and the rest just reaching for the stars with a lot of mental masturbation thrown in.
I have also read that the honchos at the dealerships are told to lie about what they are making to use as a carrot stick for the other sales people.

Now l do know a couple of car sales people who make a living but they sell Mercede's and Porsche's and they are pro's. They drive what they sell !

Alan

Old 12-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: kingman

The more l think about it 98% of all car sales people are selling cars because they lost their job and believed the hype that you can make a lot of money selling cars. True there is always one or two people in a dealership that actually make a living and the rest just reaching for the stars with a lot of mental masturbation thrown in.
I have also read that the honchos at the dealerships are told to lie about what they are making to use as a carrot stick for the other sales people.

Now l do know a couple of car sales people who make a living but they sell Mercede's and Porsche's and they are pro's. They drive what they sell !

Alan
Well to sell new audi's you have to go to classes and get certified just to sell them so most of them know what they are talking about. Second top salesmen DO make some serious bank, primarily the A8 which usually gets you about $2-3 thousand of commission money.
Like any commission job they are gonna try to pressure you into getting what they want so you have to be a dick to deal with one. Don't sweat treating a dealer salesmen like crap, some of them at my dealer make over $150,000 a year.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

Well to sell new audi's you have to go to classes and get certified just to sell them so most of them know what they are talking about. Second top salesmen DO make some serious bank, primarily the A8 which usually gets you about $2-3 thousand of commission money.
Like any commission job they are gonna try to pressure you into getting what they want so you have to be a dick to deal with one. Don't sweat treating a dealer salesmen like crap, some of them at my dealer make over $150,000 a year

I am floored that they have to attend classes and get certified but no matter how long one spends in a classroom the "art of the sale" is just that, you either have it or don't have it. And as far as a sales person making serious money, like l said there is alway's one or two and they lie about what they earn but the number you mentioned is very realistic. I'm from the North east and here auto sales people starve except Mercedes and other high line car sales people. In the Audi showrooms l don't know how they put food on their table. And as far as as a salesperson making $2-3 thou commission on a car is a one in a million. How many A8's are sold each year here in the US. If l was looking at an A8 l would be a moron not to step to the plate and get a Mercedes.

Alan

Old 12-28-2007, 08:48 PM

hmmm well my advice is to stop calling a bunch of dealers and asking them to find you something, or getting into too many details over the phone without some sort of concrete plan in mind. they arent treating you well because they dont see the immediate sale about to happen.

trust me- i work in extremely high-end retail, and i sell things that cost more than most audis do. when someone calls me on the phone and acts vague and isnt ready to set an appointment and come in to buy, to be honest i kinda blow them off, because id rather be on the sales floor talking to the people that are already there in person and ready to buy. that sounds kinda crappy of me to say, but unfortunately it's true. when someone comes in and knows exactly what they want with no BS, i appreciate that and in turn i will work hard to put the right deal together and make it happen.

in my experience, the easiest way to get this thing off the ground is to search autotrader.com. type in the exact car you are looking for, and find one close to you. you will see exactly what you want, the right color, the right engine and trans, you'll see pics and specs, you will know the mileage, and you will see the asking price. then go to that dealer in person, and check out that exact car. tell them you will take it on the spot if the deal is good and the testdrive and inspection go well. do that, and you will get quick courteous service.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

Hi

I happen to agree with your line of thinking but every sales person that l spoke to asked me when l wanted to buy the Audi. I told every one of them that l would buy one today if they had something. I even told them to check to see what is coming off lease and that l would make a deal based on it.

The only dealerships that returned my calls were BMW dealerships when l asked for a 3 series vert. The reason l decided on Audi is because there are too many BMW 3 series verts out there.

This is a no brainer my wife will put on it 20,000 miles a year and after it hits 100,000 mile bye,bye, that's why l will not buy a new one.

Alan