Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Audi Gods are punishing me.. : (

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 PM
5th Gear
Default The Audi Gods are punishing me.. : (

So, H2O is THIS WEEK.

I noticed last friday that my rear brakes are GONE. I'm almost metal on metal. Didn't get to order new pads until today (tuesday), so paid extra for 2-day so I'd be sure I had enough time to get them, and put them on the car. More money gone than I'd like...

Tonight, my car starts clunking when I turn the wheel. Stick my hand under the car to see if I could feel anything, and it was what I DIDN'T feel that has me so pissed/stressed right now.

my inner cv boot ISN'T THERE. Only thing that can explain it is how low I have the car right now. My plan was to raise it up to a more reasonable level after H2O. Looks like if I can't get a new driveshaft by thursday night, I'm gonna make an attempt at driving it (a total of 20 hrs) to OC and back.
Didn't really think much of it at first, but I probably have those inner joints near the extremes of their travel.

I'm gonna get the car in the air and get some pics in a minute. I need to try to relax first. This is not helping my other recent joy, I believe I've developed a case of TMJ. Stress > jaw clenching > TMJ > more stress > more clenching... etc...

Old 09-23-2008, 07:39 PM
3rd Gear

Ew, I hate it! Good luck!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:07 AM
4th Gear

relax dude, go to your local shop have them order you a new axel, stuff always goes wrong right before an event or trip. just have a smoke, wait for the parts and look forward to H2O

Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 AM
2nd Gear

that freagin sucks... i have some under car squeeking going on not sure why but i havent really look at it yet

Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 PM
5th Gear

not so easy as going and buying a new one. dealers stock new ones. new ones 3 times more expensive than from some place like NAPA. NAPA can get them, but they're never stocked. Usually a 2 day wait, which would mean it shows friday, probably mid-day, after my intended leaving time, with no time to install it.

fortunately...

I think the bad clunking is suspension related. Im gonna rebuild my camber plate tomorrow morning, and the CV will get a rebuild/grease/new boot, but not be replaced.

This still leaves me with a lot of work (need to do brakes too), and little time, and a good part of the reason Im stressing so much, is that its not like its just me and a friend or two going down. Once everyone is assembed, we'll be nearly 30 strong at the campground, and I'm one of the organizers.

I'll manage though, just needed to vent.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:45 PM
4th Gear

My boot is torn in half, has been for the past month and a half, still needing to get a new one

Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 PM
5th Gear

get on it quick, and all you'll need to do is replace the boot. Wait, and you'll have to replace the whole joint.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:13 PM
5th Gear

since you're one of the organizers, organize some people to help you. i'm pretty sure you can have everything done if you can get 4 out of the 30 people to come help you. i'm pretty sure if you have enough tools and all the parts, you could do all the work in about 2-3 hours tops. if you lived by me, i'd def come help lol. now rub your earlobes and say, woosaa

Old 09-24-2008, 11:34 PM
5th Gear

heh, problem is, I leave VT by myself, pick up cars along the way. Wont be 30 deep until OC.

btw... I used to live about 40 minutes north of Binghamton. Still down there from time to time.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:43 PM
2nd Gear

40 north of Bing ? Where abouts?

Quick Reply: The Audi Gods are punishing me.. : (