Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Audi enthusiast following THANK GOD

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:58 PM
3rd Gear
Default Audi enthusiast following THANK GOD

Well my dad owns a 96' Oldsmobile aurora - yeah that big bitch. he calls me with a problem concerning the fact that his blower motor in his heater core will not turn off - even when the car is off. So I think hey I'm on this audi forum and we have all kinds of knowledgeable people, there has to be the same thing for oldsmobile

I go to the forum and I think I found the answer (just by searching ) well the thread kinda leaves you hangin whether that was the fix or not so I post a follow-up question and I PM the guy to make sure. I was wondering how long it would take someone to look at my post - I look to see how many people are accessing the forum and there were 3 people and one was me - kinda sad - glad we always have a bunch of people here to answer all those funky problems. I guess I'm just sayin thanks for all the help to the guys who have all the knowledge.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:21 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Audi enthusiast following THANK GOD

i ran into the same problem on several forums when i was looking for a commuter...its nice to post a question and have half a dozen responses within an hour

Old 03-10-2007, 01:44 AM
2nd Gear

This place used to be like that...now its all the same stupid questions by new members who aren't aware there is a little thing called search. Myself and several others have basically dissapeared because the topics are so lame and boring. At least this category is fun and interesting.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:55 AM

Good people on a forum definitely make owning a car a great experience. The TDI club that I belonged to prior to my A3 was absolutely fantastic. I loved that car and the people helped me to enjoy it all the more. If anything went wrong and you posted a problem, then you'd have 5-6 answers within 10 minutes, usually with a PDF file with pictures and procedures. I miss that kind of response. The people on this site are generally good, and we need to embrace and bring in the Noobs to be the heart and soul of this site. Let's teach everyone how to be good forum members and we'll have a fantastic site.

OR, maybe it's the Pinot Noir talking???