Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Audi drivers are the best

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Default RE: Audi drivers are the best

I get it all the time on bikes, that's pretty common, just never in any other vehicle I've had. Didn't get it from the B'mers unless it was a fellow M3 owner who knew what they had.

But yeah when I'm out on my R6 its pretty much a given.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

yea, wranglers get it all the time. When i drive mine, its like a constant. But really only the lifted ones do it, becasue when you wake at someone is a stock wranger or liberty, they just look at you wierd, but if its got a lift, they know whats up.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:39 AM
3rd Gear

i get that too i also get waves from BMWs and VWs drivers.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:38 AM
5th Gear

Yeah, anybody with a modified car will likely wave... I'll give the thumbs up to somebody who I can tell loves their car. Gave the thumbs up to a bone stock S40 the other day... I could tell the guy was having a great time in it though, and it was a really nice car.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:20 AM

I really enjoy the appreciation I get from fellow audi owners (especially), volvo enthusiasts and pretty much anyone who knows what an S4 is. It's kinda fun to just cruise past someone and then see them talk to their passenger and point at your car with excitement. There are very few B5 S4's, especially in my area (Milwaukee, WI). I think that is what the original post thread was getting at. Audi's are more rare, much more rare. I use to have a Trans Am and would get nods, ets from other TA's, but not like this. I even get nod's from Evo's/Porche's/Some BMW's (usually the E36 crowd) and STi's.

I really think it's a little different, maybe it's just a little more-so with the B5 that's clearly had a little done to it. The color is a more rare color to, so I'll qualify with that.

Personally, I could care less. I love the B5. I love it more and more the longer I own it. I can't really think of any other car in this price range (or even much higher for me) that's even close. Not until you get into the '03RS6, but, for the price, I could have one hell of a modded B5 that'll eat just about anything.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:22 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: SP4NK3R

I really enjoy the appreciation I get from fellow audi owners (especially), volvo enthusiasts and pretty much anyone who knows what an S4 is. It's kinda fun to just cruise past someone and then see them talk to their passenger and point at your car with excitement. There are very few B5 S4's, especially in my area (Milwaukee, WI). I think that is what the original post thread was getting at. Audi's are more rare, much more rare. I use to have a Trans Am and would get nods, ets from other TA's, but not like this. I even get nod's from Evo's/Porche's/Some BMW's (usually the E36 crowd) and STi's.

I really think it's a little different, maybe it's just a little more-so with the B5 that's clearly had a little done to it. The color is a more rare color to, so I'll qualify with that.

Personally, I could care less. I love the B5. I love it more and more the longer I own it. I can't really think of any other car in this price range (or even much higher for me) that's even close. Not until you get into the '03RS6, but, for the price, I could have one hell of a modded B5 that'll eat just about anything.

I agree with everything you said -- but just out of curiosity... have you driven a b6?

Old 10-25-2005, 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

ORIGINAL: SP4NK3R

I agree with everything you said -- but just out of curiosity... have you driven a b6?
Actually, I'm glad you asked. Yes. The very first S4 I drove was a B6. In the same Nogaro Blue color, 6spd and it was loaded including the blue Alcantara.
I love everything about that car. B6 or B7. Especially the B6 convertible S4 (eventual 3rd car?, my wife drives an A6 Avant).

There's just no mods on the B6 or B7, at least not yet. I do think it is a little nicer, definitely. It's also a little heavier and still does not have the mod capabilities (yet) or ease of modding (ever?). For the price and mod's, it's still the B5.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:21 PM
3rd Gear

LR Discovery and Defender owners always acknowledge being part of the club.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:11 PM
3rd Gear

My sis has a brand spanking new V8 LR3, and very nice it is too!

Old 10-25-2005, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

My sis has a brand spanking new V8 LR3, and very nice it is too!
Yeah those are nice.

I don't like the new exterior design (nothing beats the 2003 tweak IMHO) BUT the new LR3 is MUCH better mechanically than the old Disco's. Except for the look, the LR3 is better in every aspect.

Quick Reply: Audi drivers are the best