Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Audi ad in the Super Bowl!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Site Moderator
Default Audi ad in the Super Bowl!

I got this from the audi technician web site elsa web.

Audi and Super Bowl XLII

Audi of America will advertise a 60-second TV spot featuring the R8 in Super Bowl XLII. The Super Bowl is the ideal media outlet to support our continued efforts to break through to America and popularize the Audi brand. It will further reinforce ourposition as the bold and confident performance luxury brand to the nearly 150 million Americans watching the event. It’s not about selling R8s. It’s about leveraging this tremendous vehicle as a brand halo to build awareness and momentum for the A5 and A4 launches.

Super Bowl XLII will kick off about 6:20 p.m. EST on Feb. 3, 2008 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. It will be televised live on FOX. The Super Bowl is billed as the biggest single television event of the year and delivers an unparalleled audience of nearly 150 million people with 44 percent of all U.S. adults age 25-54 with a household income of $150,000 or more watching the game. This year’s event is being anticipated as one of the highest-rated and talked about games in recent memory.

With a record sales year, the greatest car in the market and the most significant media event in America, our time is now. We have a creative concept that is bold and breakthrough.

We hope you share in our enthusiasm and will watch the R8 and Super Bowl XLII. We will continue to provide more updates as the game approaches.

Regards,

Scott Keogh
Chief Marketing Officer

[/align]

[/align]

Old 01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi ad in the Super Bowl!

Yea, this news came out awhile ago, it's their first one for a really long time.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:13 PM
3rd Gear

Thats gonna be awsome! has the commerical been leaked yet?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:08 PM

aww i cant wait. Audi ads always have so much passion in them... it chokes me up inside lol

Old 01-15-2008, 11:36 PM
2nd Gear

now i have a reason to watch the superbowl. sorry, not a football fan, i watch the real football. let the hatred begin

Old 01-15-2008, 11:44 PM
3rd Gear

cool, i get to watch the audi ad on my 46" lcd in HD. And if i miss it, I've got the DVR this year.
Yeeeaaaahhh Boooooyyy! (yelled like Flava Flave)

Old 01-16-2008, 03:15 AM

The commercial has not been leaked yet, otherwise I would've found it already. Audi's 60-second commercial will have a "Godfather" theme to it. Here's what Scott Keogh had to say about it:

"If you look at 'The Godfather,' the movie is about a classic American struggle," he told Ad Age at the North American International Auto Show. The automaker, he said, is in a "classic struggle against old views of luxury. ... Audi, of course, represents the new luxury."

I can't wait to see the commercial... should be a good one

Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 AM
3rd Gear

I hardly ever been able to catch an audi commercial...5 maybe in my entire life. Maybe because I don't watch too much t.v. But it will be the bast ad for sure out of many good ones. I don't know if I want a bunch of yuppy ex-benz owners driving audi's tho... does anybody else find the same pride in the exclusivity of being few in many german luxury sedans? I mean, call me weird and anything but I like being the underdog in the scene but inside I know how greater my car is than the ignorant bastard who paid $20k more for an inferiorly engineered vehicle.