Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Attention Post Whores

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 02:53 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Attention Post ******

ORIGINAL: pturbo

This is how you can drive after you get a radar detector - http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...1a00c1ce1c.htm

^^^Now, THAT was cool!!! ^^^
That's gonna put a smile ona few faces I know.
Anybody been to Pike's Peak forthe hill climb races?
One of my all time favorite things to do. [8D]
...time to cut/paste and send that off to a few friends...

Old 02-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Site Moderator

That vid was sped up like crazy.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:51 AM
2nd Gear

A man walks into a bar and says, "Give me a beer before problems start!" Again, the man orders a beer again saying, "Give me a beer before problems start!" The bartender looks confused. This goes on for a while, and after the fifth beer the bartender is totally confused and asks the man, "When are you going to pay for these beers?" The man answers, "Ah, now the problems start!"

An amnesiac comes into a bar. He asks, "So, do I come here often?"

A neutron walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender sets the beer down and says, "For you, no charge!"

A dyslexic man walks into a bra....

A bear walked into a bar and says, "I'll have a beer......and some of those peanuts." The bartender says, "Why the big pause?"

A skeleton walks into a bar and says, "Gimme a beer, and a mop."

A kangaroo walks into a bar and orders a martini. The bartender
figures that a kangaroo probably isn't very economically aware, and
charges him $50. The marsupial orders a beer next time, and is charged
$60. Finally, the bartender's curiosity gets the better of him. He
casually remarks, "You know, we don't get too many kangaroos in here."
The kangaroo replies, "At these prices, no wonder."

Bacon and Eggs walk into a bar at noon. The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve breakfast after 10."

So a five-dollar bill walks into a bar. Bartender says, "Get the hell out buddy, this is a singles bar!"

A man walks into a bar and the bartender says, "I'm sorry, I can't serve you here unless you are wearing a tie."The man says, "Okay, I'll be right back," and goes to his car to find anything he can use for a tie. All he finds is a set of jumper cables, so he ties them around his neck,goes back in and asks, "How's this?" The bartender replies, "Well, okay,but you'd better notstart anything."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says,"I think I've lost an electron." The other says "Are you sure?" The first says, "Yes, I'm positive."

A panda walks into a bar, sits down and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the bartender shouts, "Hey! Where are you going? You just shot my waiter and you didn't pay for your sandwich!"The panda yells back at the bartender, "Hey, I'm a PANDA! Look it up!" The bartender opens his dictionary and sees the following definition for panda: "A tree dwelling marsupial of Asian orgin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats shoots and leaves."

A drunk walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "Drinks for all on me. That is including you, bartender."
The bartender follows the man's order and says, "That will be $42.50 please."
The drunk says he has no money, and the bartender slaps him around and throws him out.
The next night, the same drunk comes in and orders a drink for everyone in the bar including the bartender. Again, the bartender follows the drunk's instructions and the drunk says he has no money. So the bartender slaps him around and throws him out.
On the third night he comes in, the drunk orders drinks for everyone except the bartender.
The bartender says, "What, no drink for me?"
"Oh, no. You get violent when you drink."

Old 02-04-2007, 02:19 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: BaconBait

I dont' know. Notice how the sound is in synch with the changes in speed. Yeah, you could delete video frames to give the appearence of more speed, but then it would take some real work to make the sound match, because if you compress it, it doesn't sound the same anymore. That seems like more work than someone would do for this race vid.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:27 PM
1st Gear

When I came home from work the other day my girlfriend had all her stuff packed.
I asked her "what's going on?"
She says "I'm leaving you"
I ask "why?"
She replies "because you're a pedophile"
That's a pretty big word for an8 year old

Old 02-04-2007, 02:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BaconBait

I dont' know. Notice how the sound is in synch with the changes in speed. Yeah, you could delete video frames to give the appearence of more speed, but then it would take some real work to make the sound match, because if you compress it, it doesn't sound the same anymore. That seems like more work than someone would do for this race vid.

I have to agree with pturbo on that. It all looks correct and real time to me, from that 12cyl rpm/power band/shift points to the driver's reaction times in the curves. Those 'unlimited' series cars can give the impression of being "sped up". Especially if you're on board…[8D]

I'll be there…
http://www.ppihc.com/default.asp?mtype=raceschedules&contid=31

Old 02-04-2007, 03:37 PM
1st Gear

Here's a ton of TopGears if anyone's a fan of Clarkson and Hammond

http://corelineracing.com/research/m...name=Downloads

Old 02-05-2007, 05:21 PM
2nd Gear

The jury is out on this one. The frame rate of the flash is way higher than it should be, 35fps when you would expect it to be 30-32fps. That is how you would speed the vid up, however, it's not conclusive, it could have just been camera equipment that shot at a higher frame rate than usualy or the flash could have tweened the frames to create a higher frame rate at the same visual speed. Personally, I'm not sure but leaning towards sped up. His head bounces and leans just a bit too fast, and those cars have ridiculouslyburly steering and he's whipping that wheel around like a go-kart. My guess is that it's been sped up just a little bit, but I wouldn't put money on it, and even if it was, it would still look crazy fast without being sped up.

That being said, the guy's not a great driver. He's good, but he could go faster with a better trainer. He's man-handling the steering like mad, forcing the car to go where he wants it, when he should just flow with it, let the car take it's own course and just suggest to the car where it needs to go (I have a very zen approach to racing). And he's sooooo herky jerky with the throttle in the slow corners. I think I could take him.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:31 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: NightFlight

Use to live in Colorado Springs - got to see a couple of those - but much preferred watching them high up looking down... that was awesome!!! [:-]

Old 02-05-2007, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Palindari

ORIGINAL: NightFlight

Use to live in Colorado Springs - got to see a couple of those - but much preferred watching them high up looking down... that was awesome!!! [:-]

Me too. There's some great lookouts up there. (Just don't smoke cigars that highup) [:'(]LOL

I like Colorado Springs, nice town. My #2son and his wife have been there for three years now, and we'll be there in July for the next uphill run.

I've been there a number of times going back now. A close friend that I went to school with is a powertrain engineer with GM's performance group, and they have a 'shop' there in town for the Pike's Peak run. All sorts of developmental work takes place there, some some wild results. I've taken some pucker factor rides up that hill that went off the scale..

Quick Reply: Attention Post Whores