Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ask a Cop

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:45 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
I can jump in on this one! I'm about to get technical but I think your a guy who can follow!

Not "probable cause" but "reasonable suspicion" as stated in Long vs. Mich. which is a add on to Terry vs. Ohio which is where stops get the name "Terry Stop"
So I was right, just follow the Chris Rock video.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AskAcop
Both, but remember the more $$ made from tickets the less you pay in taxes!
sorry for this but, bullshit.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mikekey
So I was right, just follow the Chris Rock video.

Originally Posted by SlackJaw
sorry for this but, bullshit.
Well maybe not in big cities but in smaller areas that revenue could be the difference in having another officer on the street.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AskAcop
Well maybe not in big cities but in smaller areas that revenue could be the difference in having another officer on the street.
yeh forgive me, that makes some sense, I was looking for correlation, as we have toll roads here that were voted in under the caveat that the tax would end when the bill was paid. It don't work that way.

Last edited by SlackJaw; 05-20-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Zombie Defense Force

I agree that it is a right. I have my CHL and carry. But it is always concealed carry, in Texas you cannot open carry. Even if we could open carry, I don't think it is in my best interest to do so. There is no need for me to look armed. I believe it is best if no one knows I carry. However, I can see a reason for open carry if you are robbed a lot like the 7-11 guy. A show of force can prevent a crime from happening, unless that person is bent on destroying you.

Side note - I just saw a video of a man kicking a fox that was attacking him in a parking lot hahaha.

Originally Posted by mikekey
Because it's a RIGHT, use it or lose it.

Second reason, people who intend to commit a crime think twice when your around.

Plenty of stories of CHP holders in VA who averted a crime from taking place without ever removing their gun from the holster.

There is a 7/11 around the corner from here that had been robbed regularly, guy started having his employees open carry, never been robbed since.

As much as people say they are dangerous, in the proper hands, they prevent more crimes.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:00 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Jeff
I agree that it is a right. I have my CHL and carry. But it is always concealed carry, in Texas you cannot open carry. Even if we could open carry, I don't think it is in my best interest to do so. There is no need for me to look armed. I believe it is best if no one knows I carry. However, I can see a reason for open carry if you are robbed a lot like the 7-11 guy. A show of force can prevent a crime from happening, unless that person is bent on destroying you.

Side note - I just saw a video of a man kicking a fox that was attacking him in a parking lot hahaha.
Looking back at my thread, I think I made it sound like I open carry every day, which isn't really true. I have the gun on hand a lot more when I travel and a lot less when I'm around town.

But when I travel around this state I will, and when I cross a state line depending on the states laws if they reciprocate with VA I will conceal.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Stupid profiling...

Attached Thumbnails Ask a Cop-img00192-20100520-1446.jpg  
Old 05-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Zombie Defense Force

Did you just get pulled over?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jeff
Did you just get pulled over?
On my way to work about 15 mins ago, he asked if I knew why he pulled me over I said "Nope" he replied with You were doing 70, I asked isn't the limit 65? He said yes, I laughed! I gave him all my IDs and he asked where I was going in a hurry I replied work hence the police uniform, and me being the dumbass I am thought I'd crack a joke, and go "So ya seen a lowered sports car wheels tinted windows you thought I was dirty didn't ya?" His reply was "EXCUSE ME?" I just shut up... He gave me my IDs back and said to go... I will say the Highway Patrol just isn't as fun as us local cops!!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
On my way to work about 15 mins ago, he asked if I knew why he pulled me over I said "Nope" he replied with You were doing 70, I asked isn't the limit 65? He said yes, I laughed! I gave him all my IDs and he asked where I was going in a hurry I replied work hence the police uniform, and me being the dumbass I am thought I'd crack a joke, and go "So ya seen a lowered sports car wheels tinted windows you thought I was dirty didn't ya?" His reply was "EXCUSE ME?" I just shut up... He gave me my IDs back and said to go... I will say the Highway Patrol just isn't as fun as us local cops!!
Wait, I'm confused. Are you a cop too?