Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ask a Cop

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

AskAcop,

I spoke with the ticketing officer today and she claims she gave me the citation because one of the witnesses stated the other car went only half-way over to the right lane before making the u-turn in one continuous move, therefore I was too close. That is impossible because if he was still partially in the left lane than I would have rear ended him going at 30mph with him making a 5mph turn. And if he attempted doing a u-turn at 30mph then he would have flipped his car. The officer seems to be unwilling to listen to reason so my only hope is court. I also spoke with the witness and he claims he wasn't sure if the other car was fully in the right lane before attempting the u-turn. But he just remembers the other car abruptly turned into my lane and gave me no time to react. My thing is if he was still partially in the left lane then I would never have gotten within 2 car lengths of him. I have a 2 yr and 4 month old in the car. I'm not suicidal. The other car moved to the right lane, established position there and began slowing down to turning speed before making the u-turn without yielding to traffic in the left lane.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

Case was dismissed without me even having to enter a plea. Hopefully the cop won't issue any more stupid citations like that unless she actually witnesses the infraction.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:56 PM
1st Gear

I'm still here!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 PM
1st Gear

What Are the Primary Targets of Laser Guns. I've Heard Front License Plate, Headlights, what else?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Last Place - just "necause"

Originally Posted by AskAcop

I'm still here!
Now that is funny.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:41 AM
4th Gear

^guess he's still pissed about finding out Santa isn't real... gonna bust ever fake Santa he can find!

Last edited by bradtyler02; 12-23-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:39 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by SymbioticGenius
What Are the Primary Targets of Laser Guns. I've Heard Front License Plate, Headlights, what else?
Pretty much any front/rear of the vehicle other than windows. Hoods and bumpers.

It's also getting more and more hightech with the speed guns. You used to be able to fight it and court and it was mainly your word vs his... Now the guns have cameras and much much more. Check out this video for an idea

LTI TruCAM Laser Speed Gun with Video - YouTube

Santa is a punk.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by AskAcop
I asked you NOT to post that picture of me!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Senior Administrator

hey Ask-A-Cop... WTF?!?!?

HYPERPOLICING DISORDER: Michael Davis, 5, sometimes gets into fights at Rio Calaveras Elementary School in Stockton, Calif., which his mother, Thelma Gray, blames on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. She says the school came up with a plan: a police officer "could come out and talk to Michael, and the kids are normally scared straight," Gray said. In his report of the meeting, Lt. Frank Gordo admits he touched Michael, and the boy "pushed my hand away in a batting motion, pushed papers off the table, and kicked me in the right knee." After failing to calm the boy he'd been supposed to scare straight, Gordo zip-tied the 5-year-old's hands and feet, charged him with battery on a police officer, and hauled him off to a psychiatric hospital -- without consulting his parents first. A juvenile court judge dismissed the
criminal charge, and a Grand Jury and the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights are investigating the incident.

(AC/KCRA-TV)

Old 01-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

can i borrow some handcuffs and that mini baseball bat?
also, the cool cap and the boots?