Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ask a Cop

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:00 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
On my way to work this morning I saw two VA state troopers in a hiding spot on I-66 west. I regularly see one there, but this morning there were two right next to each other. Were they just BSing or is this some kind of tactic?
The (69) parking is great for talking!

Originally Posted by pa4ul
I got a question. If a cop pulls u over and smells that certian smell. . . . And ask to search your car. And you say okay. Can he unzip bags that are in your car, say a backpack and go through it or if ur glovebox is locked can he unlock it and go through it. Or is that illegal.
If it is a container/bag that is locked he will need permission to open it, if you say you've never seen it before that means there is no owner and he can open it. If the cop just asked to search the car you can then deny his right to search your car at anytime.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by AskAcop
If the cop just asked to search the car you can then deny his right to search your car at anytime.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... If he wants ta be a lower-male-appendage (or, if female, appendage recepticle), can't s/he just hold you there and request K9 come out and wizz on your car, in a situation where s/he "smells" something funny; which, if K9 finds something, gives him/her permission to then search the rest of your car?

And, in the case of teh bag, if you've "never" seen it, and they search & find something, do they then presume the bag to be yours, and take you in?

ANNNNNNNNNNNNND, if I wanna get away scot-free, how many doughnuts do I hafta leave on the passenger seat? Will a dozen suffice, or, will I need to plan ahead and carry around several dozen, just in case its a slow news day and multiple cars show up?!?!?!?!?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:27 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... If he wants ta be a lower-male-appendage (or, if female, appendage recepticle), can't s/he just hold you there and request K9 come out and wizz on your car, in a situation where s/he "smells" something funny; which, if K9 finds something, gives him/her permission to then search the rest of your car?
To bring a K9 out it must not cause "unreasonable delay". Can search the area the dog hit on, if the dog hit the trunk he can't look under the hood.

And, in the case of teh bag, if you've "never" seen it, and they search & find something, do they then presume the bag to be yours, and take you in?
If you were the only one in the car yep! If not it goes to who would of had "area control" basically who ever is within hand reach.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNND, if I wanna get away scot-free, how many doughnuts do I hafta leave on the passenger seat? Will a dozen suffice, or, will I need to plan ahead and carry around several dozen, just in case its a slow news day and multiple cars show up?!?!?!?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=qlflHbnVWIA

Old 06-15-2010, 10:28 AM
1st Gear

And just for fun cuz this guy cracks me up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=sOkkBtkHupw

Old 06-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Senior Administrator

utubez banneded at work... hafta wait'll I get home :grrr:

Old 06-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Administrator

I saw a ffx county fuzz the other day in a Camaro SS, pretty cool ride. How do they decide who gets to drive that and who doesn't? Have you ever gotten to drive a sweet interceptor? And why do they call 'em "fuzz" anyway?

Old 06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
4th Gear

how long is too long to wait for the k9 to come out. So if the cop smells something u can still deny him the search.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:18 PM
3rd Gear

Gabriel Iglessia's is amazing! lmao

So how screwed am I? I'm being charged with resisting law enforcement..... Made a really really dumb mistake. It was late I wasn't thinking right and I kinda "followed the heard" in a way.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by somebody5788
Gabriel Iglessia's is amazing! lmao

So how screwed am I? I'm being charged with resisting law enforcement..... Made a really really dumb mistake. It was late I wasn't thinking right and I kinda "followed the heard" in a way.
Can I hold your car, for you, while you're in getting your @$$hole stretched?!?!?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Senior Administrator