Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Arab stunt drivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Arab stunt drivers

that was pretty intense.....the dude who hit the road had no chance

Old 04-26-2008, 09:45 PM
4th Gear

Actually, I think that is natural selection - because of their poor judgement on several levels there, they were selected out of the gene pool. The species benefits from the loss of members who lack judgement skills, and those with better judgement have a better chance of reproducing and thus evolution continues.

I do however take issue with the apparent sentiment that this had anything to do with them being Saudis - let's remember, there are idiots everywhere. Just because these idiots happened to be Saudi does not mean that all Saudis are idiots, or that all idiots are Saudi.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:03 PM
3rd Gear

It creeps me out how easily you guys can make jokes after watching people die.

And, come on, that's not natural selection.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: MrFlippant

Actually, I think that is natural selection - because of their poor judgement on several levels there, they were selected out of the gene pool. The species benefits from the loss of members who lack judgement skills, and those with better judgement have a better chance of reproducing and thus evolution continues.

I do however take issue with the apparent sentiment that this had anything to do with them being Saudis - let's remember, there are idiots everywhere. Just because these idiots happened to be Saudi does not mean that all Saudis are idiots, or that all idiots are Saudi.
Only thing technically wrong with that is that poor judgement is not caused by your genes. It is more of a nature vs. nurture debate but i'd say that this has more to do with the society and social norms that they live in rather than being outright natural selection.

You're right though, idiots come in all colours, shapes, and sizes.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:55 AM
1st Gear

Wow thats some funny ****... and Sineo, sorry. We can laugh at whoever and whatever we want. You should see Saudis try to fly helicopters... (laughs)

Old 04-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Slut

if one of the previous posts were from bob348209, everyone would have chewed his face off. What's so different between this and the kids in the M5 in Florida? Just that they are middle eastern? pathetic

I think that vid is pretty bad, but its good to show all these "spirited drivers" just how bad things can get if you arent careful.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:45 AM

Yeah it's always odd to watch videos of people dieing.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:19 PM
4th Gear

Schadenfreude.

ORIGINAL: marko_tomas13

Only thing technically wrong with that is that poor judgement is not caused by your genes. It is more of a nature vs. nurture debate but i'd say that this has more to do with the society and social norms that they live in rather than being outright natural selection.

You're right though, idiots come in all colours, shapes, and sizes.
ORIGINAL: sineo

And, come on, that's not natural selection.
I see where you guys are coming from; but considering that we humans are an extremely social species, who learn behaviour rather than acting on instincts, a strong argument can be made that the loss of a member of the species to the consequences of their actions does count as natural selection. The connection being that by losing such a person, their poor judgement/behavioural tendencies will not be passed on (taught) to future generations, thereby benefitting the species as a whole. Natural selection is not some active process which passes judgement; it is simply a phrase used to describe the phenomenon where, over time, those in a group who aremost suited to survival will in fact survive, and the others who are less well-suited will not.

That said, I should point out that I've only been commenting on the comments made so far about the video, not my feelings about the video itself. I actually found it very disturbing to watch, and I honestly hope that they somehow managed to survive that crash.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:02 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: heloman28

Wow thats some funny ****... and Sineo, sorry. We can laugh at whoever and whatever we want. You should see Saudis try to fly helicopters... (laughs)
I guess that's the nice thing about the forum community...it allows for members of all classes and levels of intelligence to interact.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:11 PM
6th Gear

you know what I get where you are coming from and I guess you could consider it under social darwinism because the group was socialized to not wear their seatbelts.

and if you think this is bad, then you don't want to see the video that Bob75904653409656239659865923856490 actually did post over on the 'zine even though everyone is pretty sure it is fake.

I'm surprised people would put these video's on the internet to be honest, but I guess society is just becoming unfazed by death these days, which is what scares me.

Quick Reply: Arab stunt drivers