Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

ANyone see 300??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:27 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: ANyone see 300??

ORIGINAL: Flip

I must say Quentin Tarantino and Frank Miller are some of the worst writers/directors I have ever seen. Sin City and Pulp Fiction were some of the worst movies I have ever seen and I'm sure if I watched any of the Kill Bill movies they would go on that list.
I hope your kidding. Are you the type that thinks comedys and horror flicks, or romantics are the best movies around. gtfo.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:29 AM
4th Gear

No you are mistaken, Qeuntin Tarantino is the worst writer/director ever and his movies suck just like the Matrix.
The Matrix, Gladiator, Kill Bill, Fight club

Some of the best most off the wall, out of the box movies there are. Some of my favorite movies of all time, you gotta have a mind set thats "inteligente" not every 13 year old understands whats going on, and clearly you have no clue whats going on or you'd realize how beyond amazing these movies are.

You are mistaken.

I just realized I typed "Intelligent" in spanish... holy **** HS spanish GET AWAY FROM ME![]

Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 AM
4th Gear

I have a pretty open mind when it comes to movies. I can pretty much watch anything except for fighting movies or sci fi movies. I think 300 looks good so maybe my mind will change a little.
So in other words you like all the **** comedys they put out these days or chick flicks.

There are good comedys, but rarely... Office Space, 40 Year old Virgin, Clerks (but you don't like that), Borat (like that?), Big Labowski

Seriously man, your opinion on movies baffles me.

Stuff that involves fighting is in alot of great movies, and I'm not a huge sci fi guy but the 1st matrix (only one I watched, cause 2nd and 3rd have ruined peoples mind on Matrix) was amazing.

List off your top 3 favorite movies.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Amze

No you are mistaken, Qeuntin Tarantino is the worst writer/director ever and his movies suck just like the Matrix.
The Matrix, Gladiator, Kill Bill, Fight club

Some of the best most off the wall, out of the box movies there are. Some of my favorite movies of all time, you gotta have a mind set thats "inteligente" not every 13 year old understands whats going on, and clearly you have no clue whats going on or you'd realize how beyond amazing these movies are.

You are mistaken.

I just realized I typed "Intelligent" in spanish... holy **** HS spanish GET AWAY FROM ME![]
I hope you didn't just call me dumb or a 13 year old because I am neither. I don't like a particular kind of movie and that's that. If it means that much to you than you need to get a life.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Amze

I have a pretty open mind when it comes to movies. I can pretty much watch anything except for fighting movies or sci fi movies. I think 300 looks good so maybe my mind will change a little.
So in other words you like all the **** comedys they put out these days or chick flicks.

There are good comedys, but rarely... Office Space, 40 Year old Virgin, Clerks (but you don't like that), Borat (like that?), Big Labowski

Seriously man, your opinion on movies baffles me.

Stuff that involves fighting is in alot of great movies, and I'm not a huge sci fi guy but the 1st matrix (only one I watched, cause 2nd and 3rd have ruined peoples mind on Matrix) was amazing.

List off your top 3 favorite movies.

No, I'm not a big "chick flick" fan but occasionally I'll catch one with my girl. I will agree with you that Gladiator is an awesome movie and one of my favorites. If I had to choose a top three I think it would be The Rainmaker, Gladiator andpossibly Signs or another M. Night Shyamalan film,but not necessarily in that order.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:44 AM

I'm not necessarily opposed to any kind of movie or writer/director since I will go and see 300, but I haven't liked any of Frank Miller or Quentin Tarantino's movies yet.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:31 AM
4th Gear

I called you a 13 year old cause your bashing movies that require brains to watch, and that are very very very well written and just way out there. How can you not like them?

Old 03-12-2007, 03:53 PM
3rd Gear

I went & saw it yesterday in a DLP theater. The visuals ROCKED, I mean, really, really well done.

Now the move is not dialog driven, meaning there is not a whole lot of talking going on. Most of the story is visually driven (like comic books).
Also the movie IS NOT that violent, or brutal. Honestly, Rome (on HBO), Gladiator, & Bravehart are MUCH more violent. Part of the reason is the blood affects are wonderful, but there really not red, it's almost like the blood in Kill Bill. Second, the people who die, really don't have faces, or die really fast, so there isn't a lot of moaning, or close ups. The violence is very glamorized.

The fighting is really not the core of the movie, its' 2hrs long, & the fighting is about 30min of the movie. It's all very stylized, slow motion, and blur.

I would compare it more to Bravehart, or Rome, then any other modern movie.

Those who say the story is dull or not there. IT'S based ON A TRUE STORY! Yes, 300 really happened, not exactly as the movie but close. The line "we will fight in the shade" is a real comment from the real battle, and there are a couple of other comments that really were suppose to take place. In reality, the last battle happened first, there were 300 Spartan warriors, but there were 700 of the other guys fighting with them. It really happened at that location, other parts are true. The bad guys were 2.5 million strong. The "immortals" were real & at 10,000 strong.

There is also a 1962 movie about the 300. I can't remember the title, but 300 was in it.

In the end it was a good movie. The trailers made it look like something it wasn't. There was NO NIN music on the battle scene, or anywhere in the movie. It's not as gory as Sin City.
Some of the best cinematic I have ever seen, were talking Oscar stuff here.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

2k S4 - i think that movie was the 300 Spartans...

I agree...F. Miller & co.'s cinemetography was breathtaking...
I cant wait to see it again ! ! !

Old 03-12-2007, 05:48 PM
4th Gear

Went and saw this movie on Sunday - it rocked! The battle sequences were awesome! And I thought the karate sequences in the Matrix were cool - this movie made even Gladitor seem tame! Especially the variable speed shots with the hack and slash - it was like total carnage by ballet. lol

It was truly a engrossing picture - few will hate it - most will enjoy it - some will love it - I'm of the latter. Best actionpic thus far - until Spiderman 3 shows

Still highly recommend it.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]