Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone ride here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 06:18 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Anyone ride here?

I would start with the R6 over the R1. It is plenty fast enough and will still scare the crap out of you if needs be. Or the Gixxer6 as others have mentioned.

I ride a Ducati Monster S2R. If you ever look into nakeds, the Monsters are awesome.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:38 PM
5th Gear

My boss rips a ZX12R, it goes.
My previous boss has a 'busa.

I have a ... cannondale... with pedals... and stuff. :P

Old 07-25-2005, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

My boss rips a ZX12R, it goes.
My previous boss has a 'busa.

I have a ... cannondale... with pedals... and stuff. :P

Sweet!!

Old 07-25-2005, 06:48 PM
2nd Gear

Before I do anything, I gotta call my insurance to get an estimate... and after that we'll see. And yes point taken, I do already have some type of respect for 1000cc bikes, and will start smaller.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:01 AM
5th Gear

fieldy, nice av. i just saw the devil's rejects today and i loved it! house of 1000 corpses i didn't like so much, but this one was awesome!

Old 07-26-2005, 12:15 PM
2nd Gear

fieldy, nice av. i just saw the devil's rejects today and i loved it! house of 1000 corpses i didn't like so much, but this one was awesome!
Oh man, don't get me started on those movies. I just am a big Zombie fan, ever since I listened to him back in the day. I think his visions are awesome, and Rejects was actually really deep. And the SAW 2 commercial was so worth the price of addmission as well.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:34 PM
rs
2nd Gear

r6's are nice as hell too. my buddy has a 98 r6, custom paint and a nice load of mods, its no longer 600cc, he told me he can keep up to an r1 no problem now. sorry im not too too into bikes and specs, but r6 is sweet. he also told me the older r6s are faster then the newer ones coming out. something about the companys put a cap on the bikes because they kept comin out faster and faster, and people were more likely to die trying to drive these machines.

one buddy has a 01 r6 and the guy with the 98 hands him down every time.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: rs

r6's are nice as hell too. my buddy has a 98 r6, custom paint and a nice load of mods, its no longer 600cc, he told me he can keep up to an r1 no problem now. sorry im not too too into bikes and specs, but r6 is sweet. he also told me the older r6s are faster then the newer ones coming out. something about the companys put a cap on the bikes because they kept comin out faster and faster, and people were more likely to die trying to drive these machines.

one buddy has a 01 r6 and the guy with the 98 hands him down every time.
Sure in a straight line anyone can go fast. The bike with the more power wins. I've been whooped by guys on gixxer 1000's and R1's on the back stretch, but when we get into corners I'm always fighting back and passing them. They proceed to pass me on the back stretch again to get in front of me. It's a vicious cycle. Anyone can ride in a straight line but it takes some skill to lean that bike over and go for it.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:59 PM
4th Gear

Fiedly, Im hoping u have prior riding expeirence? I have been riding about since i could walk, every kind of bike up to a hayabusa, and its serios stuff, 3 of my friends are dead now because of them.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Fiedly, Im hoping u have prior riding expeirence? I have been riding about since i could walk, every kind of bike up to a hayabusa, and its serios stuff, 3 of my friends are dead now because of them.
Yeah be careful I've been down plenty of times on dirt and street never seriously hurt though. I let my friend borrow my bike one day for a quick rip after he did'nt return we went looking for him. The ambulance was pulling him out of a ditch with two broken legs. This year my boss was run over by another bike and has extensive damage done. Just be careful and know your riding limits. It's not something to get cocky with. If you were per say Valentino Rossi than I can see being cocky just know your boundaries.

Quick Reply: Anyone ride here?