Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone play sports?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 04:57 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Anyone play sports?

I play Soccer for the washington state team right now...(as a 16 year old)
I played golf for high school but other than that...just leisure golf with friends and family

Old 06-02-2006, 09:08 PM
3rd Gear

Volleyball and basketball in high school.

Volleyball...BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS...on the WEST COAST....we dont have any week east coast players out here. the west coast is a totally different world when it comes to volleyball... back to back is pretty amazing. oh ya, after the back to back, we got runner up. so it was almost 3 years in a row. i started as a 5-1 setter... went on to play volleyball at arizona state university, but dropped out of school, now im gonna play basketball at a community college in arizona.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:10 PM
2nd Gear

played Tonsil Hockey in college

Old 06-02-2006, 11:17 PM
2nd Gear

rowed since hs, rowed for chaminade, now rowing on a club team at fairfield... henley's?? not a chance, our team is club, and unfortunately there are only a few of us that take it seriously (i'm one of em), i might be rowing for saugatuck in the fall, all depends....
anywho, ive sculled for about 3 years now, swept 5, and rowed in every type of boat you can think of... except and octuple lol

i had the opportunity to go to indy a few years back in the quad, with my boathouse, but i couldnt make the time commitment to train
ORIGINAL: StepUpProductions

Crew (Rowing... like racing rowing... the fast skinny boats where you go backwards with 1-8 people in the boat) ... used to be big football guy

ORIGINAL: fenderstrat1184

lax for most of my life, now collegiate rower
well well well... never thought id see anyone else on here that did Crew othe rthan myself... glad to see a fellow rower... who you row for? do you race? and if so are you possibly going to the Canadian Henley or the race in Indianapolis over the summer?

Old 06-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: T_REV_17

I play Soccer for the washington state team right now...(as a 16 year old)
I played golf for high school but other than that...just leisure golf with friends and family

dude isnt that French Field?

Old 06-03-2006, 02:23 AM

Haha dude no ****, were like rivals with saugatuck like 15 min from where i row haha... i row for Maratime out of Norwalk CT, i scull as well been doing that for 5 years now... im currently in a quad and double right now

saugatuck is dirty... there like a real challange to beat... its all about the black uni's haha

hahah oh and iv actually raced octouples too, however never swept an 8 for some reason[&:]

rowed since hs, rowed for chaminade, now rowing on a club team at fairfield... henley's?? not a chance, our team is club, and unfortunately there are only a few of us that take it seriously (i'm one of em), i might be rowing for saugatuck in the fall, all depends....
anywho, ive sculled for about 3 years now, swept 5, and rowed in every type of boat you can think of... except and octuple lol
i had the opportunity to go to indy a few years back in the quad, with my boathouse, but i couldnt make the time commitment to train

Crew (Rowing... like racing rowing... the fast skinny boats where you go backwards with 1-8 people in the boat) ... used to be big football guy

well well well... never thought id see anyone else on here that did Crew othe rthan myself... glad to see a fellow rower... who you row for? do you race? and if so are you possibly going to the Canadian Henley or the race in Indianapolis over the summer?

Old 06-03-2006, 03:02 AM
2nd Gear

hahah, my housemate up at school actually coaches for saugy... thats how i might be rowing for them next year lol

Haha dude no ****, were like rivals with saugatuck like 15 min from where i row haha... i row for Maratime out of Norwalk CT, i scull as well been doing that for 5 years now... im currently in a quad and double right now

saugatuck is dirty... there like a real challange to beat... its all about the black uni's haha

hahah oh and iv actually raced octouples too, however never swept an 8 for some reason[&:]

Old 06-03-2006, 09:08 PM

well then im sure that next fall at somepoint well be racing each other haha

Old 06-03-2006, 11:19 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

Volleyball and basketball in high school.

Volleyball...BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS...on the WEST COAST....we dont have any week east coast players out here. the west coast is a totally different world when it comes to volleyball... back to back is pretty amazing. oh ya, after the back to back, we got runner up. so it was almost 3 years in a row. i started as a 5-1 setter... went on to play volleyball at arizona state university, but dropped out of school, now im gonna play basketball at a community college in arizona.
yea same here, i was a 5-1 setter. Yea there are alot of week teams on the east coast (esp nj) every year it's always just an elite 8-10 teams that are competing with eachother.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:20 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: abacab

ORIGINAL: VB05

highschool volleyball, NJ State Champs 05 mudda fukasssss

Nice! What school?

Swimming and Water Polo in HS. Water Polo in college....then took up a seccession of sports. Volleyball, triathlons, running, cycling, skiing, rollerblading, snowboarding, surfing. The last two are my favorites now.

Oh, and I do the occasional 12 ounce curls at the bar!
Bridgewater-Raritan

Quick Reply: Anyone play sports?