Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone play sports?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:30 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Anyone play sports?

Been playing soccer ALL my life, played football in high school. Now I'm just a golf playing gym rat, and surfing whenever I get the chance.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:27 AM
2nd Gear

played baseball in high school and some in college. in the sunday leagues for a few seasons too. Might be playing in a saturday league this summer too.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
3rd Gear

I played college basketball for a small D3 school and was going to play over seas last year, but right b4 i was going to leave for the tryouts which were going to be held at Madison square garden in NYC i broke my ankle in two places in a development league and i missed the tryout.. it really sucked... I couldnt walk for 6 mounths, I was always in to bodybuilding and when i couldnt play anymore I decided to just get huge instead of keeping my weight down, now i do some lifting contests locally just to stay active and Competitive..

Old 06-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Site Moderator

haha... thats quite the change there.. basketball player to bodybuilder..good to see your staying active thogh.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Site Moderator

I led my high school under water basket weaving team to the championships in 98. Before that, I played baseball, soccer, lax, basketball, and a little golf. I play some tennis now with my wife, which I like a lot. But Im starting to get a belly, so im gunna need to start doing more. My wife and I are gunna start doing 100 cruntches before bed every night starting tonight.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:45 PM
3rd Gear

I have always been into bodybiulding, i was a fat kid, I graduated from High School at 270 and i was playing ball at that weight, fat bastard, had 2 knee surgerys in HS when i got to college my arthopidic sergeon told me if i wanted to keep playing ball i had to loose weight, so i wrecked my knee again and at weigh in freshman year i was 265, the next season when i jumped on the scale i was 185, thats when i got really good at ball, changed my diet and got into lifting around the age of 18, went from dud to stud.lol boy was I fat..ha oh well.. so i have always been into working out and on off season i would lift heavy and gain like 20 or so lbs but i would keep my playing weight around 190-205 any more then that and im a few steps two slow and im only 6'2" so i play more of a 1,2 position and any more weight over 205 and i cant really move fast enough to keep up with anyone because of my large fram, plus if im under 210 i can jump out the roof.. but now i just eat and lift and then eat some more.. and when i see my gf we have sex... not a bad life.. oh yea i work to

Old 06-02-2006, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

your school had under water basket weaving too.... and here i am thinking that my school was the only one i played baseball in high school and 3 years at a D2 college school, now im playing semi pro ball

Old 06-02-2006, 03:04 PM
3rd Gear

highschool volleyball, NJ State Champs 05 mudda fukasssss

Old 06-02-2006, 03:57 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: VB05

highschool volleyball, NJ State Champs 05 mudda fukasssss

Nice! What school?

Swimming and Water Polo in HS. Water Polo in college....then took up a seccession of sports. Volleyball, triathlons, running, cycling, skiing, rollerblading, snowboarding, surfing. The last two are my favorites now.

Oh, and I do the occasional 12 ounce curls at the bar!

Old 06-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Site Moderator

god i wish we had mens vball in high school.. i woulda dominated that.. i like to play leagues around here as well as softball.. but shoulder is all effed up so its making it difficult. Think i tore a ligament last year in softball. to make it 2 years in row..2 years ago it was teh elbow that i tore one.

Quick Reply: Anyone play sports?