Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone notice..?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Anyone notice..?

Welcome to the forums!

I personally have no complaint about answering any question I might be able to help with, what does bother most people is when someone posts a question that was just asked 5 min before they posted.

When most people complain about reposts, it's because it's the 20th time it's been reposted.

The thing I hate most is when everyone advises someone to not do something harmful to their car (like install a BOV) and the next day they post about the wonderful sound it makes while destroying their catalytic converter. Then they come back a month later and ask why they're getting a Check Engine Light with a code that says their cat and O2 sensor are bad.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure I asked some dumb questions (as I'm sure I will in the future also) and I usually try to make an effort to not hold it against anyone.

That's all I got.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: evl6096

BUT NOW you make me feel stupid so that i won't ever ask any questions, EVEN if they are dumb! WHO cares if they are dumb? it will usually only take about 3 seconds of your time to either answer or click something else and go somewhere else so WTF ARE YOU ALL BITCHING ABOUT? PLEASE? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME?
Hey, Evl6096, I know I speak for, like, at least 90% of the people on here (male and female) when I say, if you feel THAT intimidated you're more than welcome to PM me your questions and I'll either do my best ot answer, or post up the question for you... All we ask is that, before you do, do a quick search (directly above, in BLUE letters) to see if anybody has already asked/had answered a question like the one you have... And, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Old 02-19-2006, 05:02 PM

I personally have no complaint about answering any question I might be able to help with, what does bother most people is when someone posts a question that was just asked 5 min before they posted.

The thing I hate most is when everyone advises someone to not do something harmful to their car (like install a BOV) and the next day they post about the wonderful sound it makes while destroying their catalytic converter. Then they come back a month later and ask why they're getting a Check Engine Light with a code that says their cat and O2 sensor are bad.
+1 These two things are the only things that bother people. Every question asked might seem stupid to someone. But odds are that if your asking it, someone else also doesnt know what the answer is, or has been wondering the exact same thing. Ask anything, just rock out the search button on top first. I think everyone does it or even should do it before posting (Not just the noobs) I do it all the time if I'm wondering some random fact about my car. Seems to work a lot, so I post minimal threads. (Unless Im in the offtopic and have a random question about some random topic.)

Old 02-19-2006, 05:22 PM
18T
4th Gear

wheres the humor huh HUH?

Old 02-20-2006, 01:53 AM
Senior Administrator

Guy walks INTO a bar...

Another Guy walks INTO the SAME BAR...

Third Guy ducked [8D]

Old 02-20-2006, 02:09 AM
Administrator

wow where have i been
this thread has evolved
but you know i do think our search feature isnt the best around though
people rather i guess get new opinions on their question then search and get old ones

Old 02-20-2006, 02:13 AM
2nd Gear

unh????

Old 02-20-2006, 02:32 AM
5th Gear

Man there sure is a lot of anger here, lol.... but yes there have been a **** ton of noob's and questions asked that if they looked 6 posts lower had already been asked at least once if not twice the same day...

Old 02-20-2006, 12:16 PM
2nd Gear

You make a post flaming newbies, then you reply to me saying it wasn't about me at all, then you call me a noob. Make up your mind moron. And no, just because you don't like me becasuse I exposed you for the dipsh*t you are does not make me a noob. Anyone can make a bunch of retarded posts like you to get a certain count but they can be just as "n00bish" as the next guy

....agggghhhhh.....Such harsh words from such a young noob.....

[sm=shootshoot.gif]......lol

Old 02-20-2006, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

car knowledge and good looks,very cool.i got a 98 2.8.please do post as many try to be helpful.