Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone looking for PS3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Anyone looking for PS3?

ORIGINAL: BlackRaptor
if you don't have it hooked to a GOOD HD tv your missing a big chunk of what makes the PS3 so wonderful.
I had heard that too. I think I'll finally break down and get an HD set of some type when I move in next June - then I'll get a PS3....and Gran Tourismo HD.

Now will Blu-ray or HD win the format wars?

Old 12-04-2006, 09:51 PM
5th Gear

i think blu-ray. and ya i bought a HD flat screen when i came up to college since they are so much lighter and easier to move. not to mention great quality. it supports up to 1080i which if im not mistaken is 720p so i wont be able to take FULL advantage of the ps3 but it'll defintely help. 1080p TV's are so expensive right now. when gran turismo 5 comes out i'll prolly drop a sh!tload on some serious home entertainment, but GT HD is just a remake with better graphics, so i'll prolly jsut rent that one and play it on the current tv.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
4th Gear

Right. I forgot that GT HD and GT5 were not the same thing.

I hope they don't push the release date GT5 back forever.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:23 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

"What may come as bad news to some, the vast majority of GT fans are thankful that Sony have finally decided to cancel the experimental microtransactional game that is Gran Turismo HD, in favour of keeping it as a demo for PlayStation 3 owners. Sony have made the decision to concentrate on developing the proper version of Gran Turismo 5.

The Japanese PlayStation Store will have the download available on the 24th December, and the game will not feature online racing, but Gran Turismo 5 will feature it.

You can read more about the cancellation on IGN, you can also discuss the games cancellation and how relieved, or disappointed you are about it on GTBoards.

As for the future of this website, I'm not really sure what to do with it, obviously if the game is just a demo it is a bit pointless having a site dedicated to it. That said, we do currently have the premium domain granturismo5.com, which I may base off of this site. I'll probably keep GranTurismo-HD.com updated for a while, and then start redirecting it to GranTurismo5.com when more information is available on that. "

........see, i cant wait for gt5...wait yes i can id rather spend mone towards upgrading my s4 unicorn......i will catch one soon enough hopefully
Excelent, glad to see a gaming company grow a pair of ***** and stress quality over quantity. Depending on how the PS3 does in the next 6 months I might purchase one. I can't wait to check out MGS4.