Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

anyone know anything about patents?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 01:15 PM
5th Gear

Good to see you're back after your one day hiatus.

My idea definitely isn't beer related, but I do brew some pretty damn good beer when I can so don't be surprised if you see a beer labeled with the goofy grin in my avatar in a liquor store someday.

As for the in bed to fortune cookies, that makes it sound like I'm picking up a high end hooker. Not quite what I'm going for, but if this works out... well... who wants to take a trip to Amsterdam?
Heh, thanks the the returning welcome.

I have to ask though, whats the problem with a high end hooker? Prefer the toothless variety? ; ) On that note, im up for a trip to amsterdam.

What kind of brew do you uhhh... brew?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:32 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Yeah, I'm more of the cheap crack ***** type. I like that meth-ed out look mixed with some vericose veins. Know what I'm talking about?

I haven't brewed in a while, but I'm heading back to my old house in SD to grab my brewing kit next weekend. I want to put together some kind of a winter brew. I'm throwing around the idea of a dark chocolate stout. I've brewed a couple of IPA's, a few pales, a few reds, a double IPA, and a hef that went bad due to contaminated bottles (I think we may have been too drunk when we were bottling...).

I'd actually love to start a brewery at some point. Maybe I can if this thing takes off. I need to get that all-grain brewing process figured out before I can think about brewing large scale though. I want to pick up one of these guys to get the ball rolling:

http://www.undergrounddigital.com/fermenators.htm

20 gallon batches sound pretty damn good to me. Do you brew?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:48 PM
5th Gear

not intentionally, but sometimes i leave the orange juice out, and when i find it, the plastic bottle is a few more inches in diameter. I vent it off, and put it back in the fridge.

But seriously, I screw around with hard cider every fall, but haven't tried brewing beer.

I do want to, maybe I'll ask the parents for a setup for Christmas. I've been thinking of some sort of chocolate stout myself. I've tried a few, and nothing has impressed me, but I think theres potential to make an awesome beer. I also like the ideas the Belgians have with flavored beers. Definitely not something I'd sit and get drunk on, its more like drinking your dessert after dinner. Discontinued now, but Rodenbach made a beer they called Redbach. It was almost like you were eating cherry pie filling.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/rodenbach-redbach/35427/
The strangest beer I've ever had, and probably one of my favorites because of it.

Being in Vermont, I don't really need to brew, being that every pub has a brewery in the basement. They do the hard work, I just have to find something that fits my taste.
I mostly drink stuff from Magic Hat now. They're what i'd consider a micro brew, but on the bigger side, lots of interesting beers. They just bought up Pyramid on the west coast, so you might start seeing it country wide now that they have a means to distribute. We make most of their tap handles here at Rennline on the waterjet. Perks include free growlers from time to time. Nice.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
5th Gear

BTW, that fermenator looks badass. A little pricy for me, but I bet if I had the time, I could make something like that. Maybe someday.

Last edited by achTTung; 10-05-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by achTTung
not intentionally, but sometimes i leave the orange juice out, and when i find it, the plastic bottle is a few more inches in diameter. I vent it off, and put it back in the fridge.

But seriously, I screw around with hard cider every fall, but haven't tried brewing beer.

I do want to, maybe I'll ask the parents for a setup for Christmas. I've been thinking of some sort of chocolate stout myself. I've tried a few, and nothing has impressed me, but I think theres potential to make an awesome beer. I also like the ideas the Belgians have with flavored beers. Definitely not something I'd sit and get drunk on, its more like drinking your dessert after dinner. Discontinued now, but Rodenbach made a beer they called Redbach. It was almost like you were eating cherry pie filling.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/rodenbach-redbach/35427/
The strangest beer I've ever had, and probably one of my favorites because of it.

Being in Vermont, I don't really need to brew, being that every pub has a brewery in the basement. They do the hard work, I just have to find something that fits my taste.
I mostly drink stuff from Magic Hat now. They're what i'd consider a micro brew, but on the bigger side, lots of interesting beers. They just bought up Pyramid on the west coast, so you might start seeing it country wide now that they have a means to distribute. We make most of their tap handles here at Rennline on the waterjet. Perks include free growlers from time to time. Nice.
You should try brewing beer if you're up for it man. It's a pretty rewarding hobby. It's neat to be able to taste it at each step of the process too.

That rodenbach beer sounds pretty tasty. I definitely wouldn't be able to have more than one at a time, but it sounds good in small doses. Too bad they discontinued it. I imagine that's probably pretty similar to Sam Adams' Cherry Wheat, which is a bit much to drink by itself, but great to cook with.

Out here in CA, we've got quite a few craft breweries, but almost all of them are in SD. I need to get back down there. Can't find too many one of a kind homebrews in the bars around here, but down there they have a pretty good selection. I'll have a few this coming weekend. I need my fix, damnit.

I'll keep an eye for Magic Hat out here. I'm always ready to try a new beer.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:52 PM
5th Gear

The Sam Adams stuff is just plain beer in comparison to the Redbach, I've had it. Its not beer with a little cherry flavor, its cherry, with a little beer aftertaste.

So, yeah, you convinced me. Im gonna try to get a beer kit sometime soon. I drink enough of it, I might as well be making it.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:25 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I don't know if I'd be able to handle that Redbach then. That Cherry Wheat is almost too much for me to take as it is.

You'll enjoy brewing. Hit me up if you have any questions about equipment, ingredients, or the process. This might warrant a new thread...

Old 10-06-2008, 06:22 PM
5th Gear

BEER THREAD FTW!
I'll wait until I get some stuff going, unless you wanna occasionally update us (me) on your brewing.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:43 PM
SoCal Crew Member

it's up. I plan on updating asap. have to get some equipment before I can, but I'll be brewing strong again shortly.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:08 PM
SoCal Crew Member

just signed up for a kind of legal insurance that provides me with unlimited consultations with a patent attorney. I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy to find out how much he'll be able to help me with this, but I know he'll review all of the forms I fill out for free and he's available for any kind of consultation. pretty sweet. I should have this moving along again pretty soon here. cross your fingers for updates soon, because any updates from this point on signify good progress.

hey TTkid, you still want that turbo?

Quick Reply: anyone know anything about patents?