Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone here into scale R/C cars? *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:57 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default Anyone here into scale R/C cars? *pics*

Me and the lady are, since she can't drive real cars. We collect Xmods R/C cars and race them with a club down on the Cape. It's hella fun, and they are mad upgradable. She has a Scion tC that she upgraded to AWD and put some speedy gears in it and a faster motor (30k RPM) and I have a few cars such as a lifted Hummer H2 4x4 with low-range gears and a torquy motor, plus an adjustable limited slip rear diff, an F-150 with the same upgrades, and an Evo 8 with a carbon fiber driveshaft and awd, locked rear diff, custom wound motor, crazy grippy tires and very quick gearing. I also have a slammed Nissan Titan with low-profile tires mounted on big wheels, rear limited slip, and way too much torque. That truck is nuts to drive even with the high-grip tires. I'm planning on turning that on into a drag truck since it sucks going around corners. I'm going to go nuts on my dads lathe and spin up some new wide rear wheels for it so hopefully I can get it to put some power to the ground.

Yes, she does have staggered wheels and a carbon fiber hood. It really does make her faster! Honest!

Old 05-18-2008, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Anyone here into scale R/C cars?

that is sick. where do you find those? i have a gas powered r/c car, but it hasnt been running in a few years. i would love to get it started again those things are a ton of fun. it used to b AWD but i switched it to RWD to drift it. i also took off the muffler and made a custom straight pipe. i need a new shell for it though, my skyline shell is covered w/ scratches from hitting 'walls' and tire rub from racing my frineds r/c cars. we used to set up a track in his driveway (which was huge) w/ 4x4's and race that.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

They used to be sold at Rat Shack. Hella cool with adjustable LSD's available, different gear ratios, drivetrain upgrades, different spring rates and adjustable suspension geometry, different tire compounds, body kits, lights (brake lights that actually work,) adjustable weight distribution, and ABS.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:54 PM
5th Gear

I have what used to be a T-maxx. Not much stock on it anymore. UI aluminum frame, a-arms, beefy diffs front and rear. Ofna .28 big block, Ofna pipe. Need to find some heavy duty drive shafts, and a brake kit, and it'll be complete. Bought it as a basket case w/ servos and controller for $200. Priced all the hop up parts and the controller and it came out to closer to $1000.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear

ive got an hpi2 with full carbon fiber chassis,lwfl.racing clutch, 2 speed transmission.exhaust. we got it up to 100kms befor it hit a rock and destoryed the TT body i had for it. now it has a 350Z and STI body....cant find A4 bodys for it.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:31 AM
5th Gear

funny, because i was just thinking about buying a RC car, and swapping the big block into it. I just bookmarked a TT nitro car. Figured I'd paint/build it as I'd like my REAL TT to look someday.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:40 AM
2nd Gear

http://archive.hpiracing.com/?page=k...itage/n2-m.htm

thats what I have, doesnt look like that anymore haha. will take pics and show tomorrow. wish my audi was as modded as my rc car is

Old 05-19-2008, 04:45 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I never got into nitro powered cars... I had bad luck with small engines exploding on me. Damn weed whackers...[:@]

Old 05-19-2008, 08:27 AM

looks like fun... but I wouldn't know where to start...

Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

do these get 50mpg too??[8D]

no but really. they probably do get something like that. considering the piston is about the size of a coin...
theyre pretty awesome, I wish I had extra cash for stuff like that. But a crappy job doesnt help with that.

Quick Reply: Anyone here into scale R/C cars? *pics*