Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

anyone have an IKEA bed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:19 AM
Default anyone have an IKEA bed?

Im moving into my new place and Im looking for what Im going to want for a bed. Im not going to get a mattress from there since I do get back pain from time to time after sleeping. BUt I was looking at this bed at IKEA called the Hopen. I was just wondering how these hold up. Are they sturdy, I will prolly put it through some... abuse. I dont want it to creak every time I turn in bed. I will lose my mind.

Ive had a good amount of desk, dressers, tv stands etc... from IKEA but never a bed. I think beds are the most important thing and I would like this to last for a while.

The bed looks like this...

Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: anyone have an IKEA bed?

Honestly, I don't think Ikea beds are the best. I used to have one and it sucked. For regular furniture I'm fine with their stuff, but not beds, which I spend 1/3 of my life in.

That said, my current bed from Pottery Barn cost a good 3x as much as the Ikea bed I had, and I've broken it twice with someone else on it. POS. [:@]

Old 08-08-2007, 03:57 AM
1st Gear

I agree, unless the beds are more expensive than the average beds at Ikea, they probably aren't very good.

This is the bed I own, and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

http://www.manhattanloft.com/product...x_platbed.html

Check it out if you want a modern-style bed.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:51 AM
2nd Gear

Why not try a reputable (haha) furniture store.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:42 PM

because IKEA is cheaper. Im in college so I dont have much money and I plan on spending it on the mattress.
ORIGINAL: beefski

Why not try a reputable (haha) furniture store.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:52 PM
2nd Gear

what about craigs list or a garage sale for a bed frame?

Old 08-08-2007, 02:00 PM

I will get a bed frame with my mattress for free, but I want something to add a lil more. Im not where Im moving to yet so I cant go and look at furniture stores unless they are a big chain.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:55 PM
2nd Gear

I did not mean the metal frame that comes with the new purchase.. I was thinking of something with a headboard/footboard. People sell them used all over the place.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

I have the exact bed you pictured aboved, almost. mine just has a straight head board that is solid and runs from the bottom of the bed suport to the top.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:55 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: beefski

I did not mean the metal frame that comes with the new purchase.. I was thinking of something with a headboard/footboard. People sell them used all over the place.
I second this motion...nothing better than a metal bed with 'boards for us young 'uns. I have one at my dad's house and it works great. My next one will be metal no doubt...my wood bed is much classier, but wayyy more expensive and easier to break. Fiscally irresponsible.