Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone have anything good/bad to say about Infiniti?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Anyone have anything good/bad to say about Infiniti?

Maybe I am a yuppie. Ok kind of not...... but I do like how infiniti looks over nissan. I had an altima before my audi and hated it. Granted it was a '96 but still.

Funny story though, yesterday at inifiniti the sales guy kept insisting no one wanted awd in a car and he said there was absolutely no need for it. Infiniti has an awd but I guess they are hard to get in. At least thats what he said. I doubt it, but whatever.

Changed your tune a little bit from last night i see onepoint8tee.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:33 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: lauren5757

Funny story though, yesterday at inifiniti the sales guy kept insisting no one wanted awd in a car and he said there was absolutely no need for it. Infiniti has an awd but I guess they are hard to get in. At least thats what he said. I doubt it, but whatever.
With300 hp and dry roads, he's obsolutely right. If you've got a thousand horsepower,AWD can make you faster, if you're running in the rain or snow, AWD can make you faster and or safer. Otherwise, it's just a hindrance.

But think about it, it's a car dealership, if they're not trying to sell you one, it's because they don't have one to give you, whether you need it or not. The last thing they care about is what a customer actually wants or needs in a car, they only care about what a customer can be convinced to leavewith.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

But think about it, it's a car dealership, if they're not trying to sell you one, it's because they don't have one to give you, whether you need it or not. The last thing they care about is what a customer actually wants or needs in a car, they only care about what a customer can be convinced to leavewith.
So very true.. my mother wanted to get one of those new 4 door Wranglers... the local dealer told her they weren't out yet and couldn't get them for a while and if she really wanted one it would have a $5K premium when they did come out. She went up the road about an hour and got it that same very day, no premium. She was even able to haggle a bit off... Moms is like a shark, she smells blood in the water and attacks.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

To tell you the truth, i almost picked up an 04 G before this A4and honestlyi likedthe G.... i made a choice, but its a comfortable ride...

Old 02-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Administrator

i love infiniti its a good solid car and like the others said if u like the 350z then most likely u will like infinitis
they really brought thenselves up, befor they just used to be clones of nissan cars with slightly diffrent pannels but they did change things up

if i went back to JDMs i would go infinit, their VG series engines been on the top ten list since 1995 i beleive

Old 02-04-2007, 07:20 PM

never heard of it so must be a yank mobile

Old 02-05-2007, 04:15 AM
18T
4th Gear

i like the infinity suv's drone under acceleration. i think its kickass.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:27 PM
4th Gear

I've driven a couple of Infinitis and they are nice cars - just a little boring to drive. I like the Lexus interior better and it has better resale, but it is also pretty damn boring to drive. They are great cars and they sell a million of them. I just can't get excited about a big car payment for something that wouldn't give me any excitment on the road.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:01 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I've driven a couple of Infinitis and they are nice cars - just a little boring to drive. I like the Lexus interior better and it has better resale, but it is also pretty damn boring to drive. They are great cars and they sell a million of them. I just can't get excited about a big car payment for something that wouldn't give me any excitment on the road.
thats how i feel about some of the 3 series and the new 7's. most retarted 7 series ever made. i really wish they stuck with the old one.