Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone have anything good/bad to say about Infiniti?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:15 AM
2nd Gear
Default Anyone have anything good/bad to say about Infiniti?

Hey all...... I know we all love Audi's here but I'm toying with the idea of getting something else for a change. I looked at Infiniti's today and liked them but wanted your input on the situation. And please don'tuse my normal response to these types of questions against me, myfamous "no audi no care" line. I only use that on noobs to annoy them..... ok and on heinz bc i can.

But yeah I'm looking at a few cars out there right now. And I'm def not taking a newer a4 out of the running. But if i got an infiniti it would be either a g35 sedan or m35.

Just wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them based on their experience with them or something they know that I don't know.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Anyone have anything good/bad to say about Infiniti?

**** Infinity and **** you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2007, 05:32 AM
2nd Gear

Eat a d*ck.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Site Moderator

What I meant to say was... **** Infinity and **** you, AND your MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont buy an infinity i hear their trunk monkies are low class crack junkies with little to non existant reaction times...

Old 02-04-2007, 05:53 AM

When I was in the market for a new car not too long ago...I test drove a G35 coupe...The car was alot slower than you would believe without driving it by yourself, besides that the one I drove, was a 2007 and had this new traction controll system(thats not what they called it) I dove into a turn pretty quickly, and the car thought it was too fast, believe it or not the back wheels turn as well and your brakes shutter, I then proceded directly to nissan, drove a 350Z and it is an entirely different car!, same engine, but the 350 was a dream come true, Uber fast, really fun to drive, and the whole car feels like it was built around the driver, and the interior was just about as nice as infinity....oh and the clutch on the G felt rough....Obviously you are probably looking for more than two seats, but if you are in the market for something other than an Audi (which is fair) take a look at the BMW's they have quarks like audi and they have no quattro (besides the 335)...but they have treated me very well in the past!

so, I guess that was something bad about the G, haven't driven the M, but you should definately try them for yourself

Good luck!

Old 02-04-2007, 06:17 AM
2nd Gear

Yay, actual input. Booo onepoint8tee.

I didn't drive one tonight bc we didn't really have time and the place was swamped. We drove an M45 a few months back and loved it. My boyfriend just got a Z so we don't want another coupe. He loves it though. We want to get a sedan. I will def go and drive one of the g35's as soon as i get a chance.

I just wanted some opinions from people i can at least semi-trust.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:28 AM

If he drives his Z to the dealer, gets out of the car and into the G (coupe) he will definately feel a huge difference (in a bad way) between the two cars...I saw that the new G sedan and I'm pretty sure they upped the power and they now have a 2wd (for efficiency) that switches to awd depending on conditions...I think I would stay away from it, just because whenever a company launches its new "brilliant" ideas, the first year of a new idea for the most part always has bugs...

you will know after you drive it, but dont buy the first one you see! that's what I do, and i have had some regrets in the past...

Old 02-04-2007, 10:43 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

I think I would stay away from it, just because whenever a company launches its new "brilliant" ideas, the first year of a new idea for the most part always has bugs...
But keep in mind, Infiniti is built by Nissan, who without a doubt has had the most technologically advanced AWD system on the market for14 years (1989-2003)in the Skyline GT-R (sorry Quattro, but ATTESA-ETSPro will eat your lunch). Saying that an Infiniti will has AWD glitches it's first year is the same as saying a new Audi model will have glitches the first year. They've both been doing it long enough to know how to get it right the first time. Very few Nissans in the states have been AWD, but they've been a staple in almost every other part of the world, Americans just wouldn't buy expensive Nissans all those years ago, so they didn't even send them here.

That being said, the G35 coupe was one of the most underwhelming drives I've ever experienced. It's just not enough car for that look and that sound. The sedan is less assuming than the coupe, so it's slowness and lack of response is something you can forgive a bit more, but still.... Automotive anesthesia.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:14 PM
1st Gear

I've never driven a G... But I have driven the 350 and liked it. Honestly, I would have assumed that driving the G would have been the difference between sitting in 1st class and business class. According to what I've read so far, I would have been horribly wrong.

They do have cool commercials

Old 02-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Site Moderator

A person with sense and practicality always chooses Nissan over Infiniti.
Somone who is a yuppie show boatdrives an Infiniti over Nissan.
And no, thats not just what poor peoplesay.

Just kidding... What I'm trying to say is, keep your Audi and save some money or get a Nissan and enjoyunmatched price, quality, and reliability like no other.

Quick Reply: Anyone have anything good/bad to say about Infiniti?