Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

anyone had there appendix removed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:03 PM
3rd Gear
Default anyone had there appendix removed?

well friday i was having stomach pain all day, they were getting worse and worse till round 11 pm i went to the E.R. , from there i was taken by ambulance to the hospital were after a hours they told me i needed my appendix removed. at 9.30 on sat i was in surgery, everything went good and i only had to stay over night till sunday(today) i just got home a little bit ago. i honestly think that stomach pain is the worst in the world!

Old 08-07-2005, 07:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: anyone had there appendix removed?

i had mine removed in 3rd grade (back in... 1991??) anyways, i had the same thing. abdominal pains, fever, and i think throwing up.
so i had to go to the hospital late in the night, and then they operated on me. it was quite an ordeal. i got to miss school though, woohoo!

Old 08-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Administrator

damn.. hope i dont have to have mine pulled out anytime soon... i kinda like my internals

Old 08-08-2005, 12:28 AM

oo sry to hear that the good thing is r ok. I think that stomach pain is #3.

#1. Child Birth (al natural)
#2. Passing a kidney stone

Old 08-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Administrator

yeah i dunno sucking chest wound should be up there too

Old 08-09-2005, 12:00 AM
2nd Gear

Here I go this story sucks:

In April of 04 I went to the ER with stomach pains, vomitting, sever sever pain, rectal bleeding, my skin and eyes were turning yellow, etc... I had it all so they admit me and keep me overnight. After days of testing they still can't find what is wrong with me. So finally they figure out that I have what looks like Ulcerative Colitis so they do all these fun tests, and have it narrowed down to Chrohn's Disease or Ulcerative Colitis. Mind you the pain is getting worse to the point where I need 75mg of Demarol every 3 hours by IV to almost kill the pain for an hour. Also my stomach is getting more and more distended, and I'm turning yellow from poisoning myself. On the morning of Mother's Day May 9th the nurse comes in takes one look at me and calls the doctor to do some tests.

Next thing I know I'm being told I need immediate surgery. So the nurse comes in and jams an NG tube down my nose and throat. So they rush me off to surgery, because I blew a one inch hole in my Large Intestine, and the rest of the Colon is inflamed in deep ulcers. So I wake up from surgery in the ICU and relize I have a colostomy bag attached to my side, and they removed the appendix while they were in there. Imagine the shock of a colostomy bag, and being told you now have Chrohn's disease. So a week later I go home to rest and get better.

Three weeks later I'm back in the hospital for the same thing. So the doctors ship me off to Mt. Sinai hospital in Manhattan for more tests and to be put on a new drug that is by IV only. So two weeks later I leave there and go home again for more recovery.

Now it's October and I'm back in the hospital for a third time for two weeks again. My fiance left me and life is just peachy. So they finally get the medicine straightened out. So now I'm on the path to a clean recovery.

Now it's a week before christmas and I meet with the surgeon in Manhattan to get the colostomy bag reversed and my intestine sewn back together. I have never been so happy in my life. This is the moment I waited for so long. So on mOnday the 20th of December I go in for the surgery, and wake up the happiest you could ever imagine.

Now I could'nt ask for much more just to know I'm alive and well. What a long horrible journey, but i discovered alot about myself and the people around me some good, some bad.

At least I'm here to tell the story. Sorry for the long reply but I needed to get it off. Black you will make a strong recovery. Good luck and get well.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:06 AM
1st Gear

Wow that sounds like quite an ordeal. Glad to hear that everything turned out ok tho! It's things like that really put everything else in perspective. And black, good luck with the surgery.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:49 PM
3rd Gear

the only thing gettin me threw this is the vicoden.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:52 PM
1st Gear

I've heard that's some pretty good stuff. At least you're still posting!

Old 08-10-2005, 07:11 PM
1st Gear

Yep...hit me at a Stones concert at Winterland in like 1972 or so...I made it through the show, but ended curled up in the back of a '66 elCamino and rode it out for about 45 minutes,'till my buddies dumped me off at an ER in Redwood City about 1am.
Woke up the next day (after surgery) hurting pretty bad. Funny thing was, my 'roommate' was a sherrif (back surgery) that had busted my and my buddies for smokin' dope only about six months before that!! I recognized him (and his visitors!), but he didn't have a clue who I was.
I kept to myslef mostly for the next few days..

Quick Reply: anyone had there appendix removed?