Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

anyone else ride sport bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Default RE: anyone else ride sport bikes?

now the record is it from ur driving record or ur record on a bike only?

Could i just get medical coverage for me, and have it so they dont pay for any damage on my bike?

Old 05-25-2006, 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

Beautiful bike!
Thank you. I take a lot of pride in her next to the Audi of course. Although I'll admit I baby the R6 more than the Audi. What can I say.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:59 AM
2nd Gear

I want a bike soooo badly. I'm going to go get my motorcycle permit soon and I'm going to ask my parents if I can buy one. If not I might just show up with one like jayson161 did . What would you guys recommend, GSX-R600, R6, CBR600?

Old 05-25-2006, 04:29 AM
1st Gear

for your first bike, get something used man, youre guaranteed to drop it atleast once. but just go sit on a bunch of different bikes and pick which ever one feels best to you. take the safety course to so you can get familiar with riding.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:23 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah I am deffinaltly going to get a used bike I just don't know what one to buy and I don't want to spend to much on it.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

I had a 01 GSX-R 750 But i sold it a couple months ago, (bought an audi!). It was amazing. I had exhaust and custom paint and a few minor things. I hade to be rude but I dont think that that R6 could keep up with an R1. Exhaust and power commander dont give you that muc more power. The bad thing about yamis, is that they didnt sart using fuel injection untill 2003 or 2004.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:37 PM
1st Gear

Being an ex rider, I hate seeing people cruising around without helmets and some girl with a mini skirt and 4 inch heels on the back of their bike. Those are amazing machines and a lot of people dont respect them and what they are capable of. Most people that own them have about 2 inches on each side of the rear tire where it has not seen any sort of pavement. Stupid monkeys.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:38 PM

Well I've got a K&N, Exhaust, PC (Tuned), and GYTR adjustable cams. And I did say *hang*. No claims to beating (there were a couple times but only b/c the other rider couldn't ride - I'll admit that). Besides I'm not a big top-end guy. I fall more into the camp of "Respect your bike and it will bring you home at night." Too many idiots out there doing stupid things and end up getting themselves killed.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: nmorrow

Being an ex rider, I hate seeing people cruising around without helmets and some girl with a mini skirt and 4 inch heels on the back of their bike. Those are amazing machines and a lot of people dont respect them and what they are capable of. Most people that own them have about 2 inches on each side of the rear tire where it has not seen any sort of pavement. Stupid monkeys.
Couldn't agree more. You certainly have to respect a bike a lot more than a car. Air bags and a large steel frame stops a lot more from hurting than a helmet and getting thrown from or dropping a bike.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:43 PM
1st Gear

haha im definetely not one for having chicken strips on my rear tire. i burned those long ago. everytime i ride its always full gear, well i have heavy duty icon jeans, i cant justify wearing leather track pants if im just cruisin to school or work. as for having a girl on the back, what are people thinking letting them ride in skirts and tank tops. ugh annoying. i just bought some female riding gear, so i know my friends will be that much more protected in the event of something bad happening.

Quick Reply: anyone else ride sport bikes?