Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else get the email?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 01:13 PM
3rd Gear
Default Anyone else get the email?

Did anyone else get the email to be a beta tester for another forum? It was really wierd and I'm pretty sure it is a scam? Just thought I would see if anyone else got it?

Old 01-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Anyone else get the email?

was it a regular email, or a PM?

Old 01-07-2006, 04:01 PM
3rd Gear

It was a regular email. They were looking for some people to help start up their forum. It was really weird. Probably a scam. I'm just going to ignore.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:54 PM
5th Gear

lol, it's just a new forum! how would it be a scam of some kind? you are aware that new forums do come around from time to time, right? and they have to grow somehow, right? it's not like they're asking you for your credit card info.

Old 01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Senior Administrator

I think Cary should share his credit-card info with US... You know, for safe-keeping, in case NEthing happens to him

Old 01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I think Cary should share his credit-card info with US... You know, for safe-keeping, in case NEthing happens to him

That sounds like a great idea. Lets get that set up... LOL.

The reason I asked about it being a scam is that they said they would pay me 500 bucks to help start this forum and post 100 posts. They said that after I got the 500 bucks, I would have the option to be a moderator and help out with the site. It's the money that made me a little suspect about the whole thing.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:39 PM
5th Gear

as long as they don't ask you for any personal information like credit card, ss#, etc., then there's no way for them to scam you, right?

Old 01-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Senior Administrator

Also, as long as they are requiring that you PAY THEM, in order for them to send any $$$ to you...

Saaaaaaaayyyyy... They wudn't happN 2 need NE more Mods, do they? <scratches his chin and tries to figR out how to accumulate 100 posts in one day... [sm=badbadbad.gif]> I know... Just hafta check with teh BIGGEST PW I know...

Ummm... Brian...

Old 01-08-2006, 01:16 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Also, as long as they are requiring that you PAY THEM, in order for them to send any $$$ to you...

Saaaaaaaayyyyy... They wudn't happN 2 need NE more Mods, do they? <scratches his chin and tries to figR out how to accumulate 100 posts in one day... [sm=badbadbad.gif]> I know... Just hafta check with teh BIGGEST PW I know...

Ummm... Brian...
it's quite simple, really....you basically just have to respond to every post you can find, regardless of whether you have any knowledge on the topic, and SOUND like you know what you're talking about. try it, it's easier than it sounds

Old 01-08-2006, 03:37 AM
Senior Administrator

This is a TEST, it is ONLY a test:

Although I didn't GET the email, all you have to do is reply and accept the position, then, give AWD & Bent your CC info and split the $500.00 with them...

How was THAT?

Quick Reply: Anyone else get the email?