Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else get this BULLS***

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 03:01 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Anyone else get this BULLS***

ORIGINAL: SamJamaica

i be hanging out with my homes scrooge mcDuck. we trade stories of catching some big waves on our loot piles. all the expense of others. woo hoo
LOL!![sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 05-25-2005, 03:11 AM
Senior Administrator

We run Z/A at work as our "enterprise solution" (has nothing to do with Star Trek, FTR. means we use it across the board). From what I hear it one of the best of the free ones. It is a popular platform, however, so it tends to attract a LOT of attention from crackers trying to defeat it. The cost of being good, I suppose. Occassionally some geek succeeds, so you'd be smart to update it weekly, at the least.

Z/A works best of you're somewhat familiar F/W's, but it's still able to fully protect you if you know absoutely NOTHING about what you're doing. One caveat ALWAYS applies, though. You get what you pay for. As good as their free version is, the pay-for version is still better (again, the more you understand F/W's, the better it performs, IMHO).

One last piece of advice... If you make ANY purchases over the web using a credit card you'd BETTER be running the pay-for version. For that matter, you'd be even smarter if you used a visa or M/C check card, so you can limit your liability should the vendors site be hacked. It's what I do.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:13 AM
4th Gear

Dont do it man, its the biggest scam ever. yeah easy 5 mill my A$$. then he asks you to go to africa to do the tranfer then asks for money, then you get cornered and your either dead or your moneys taken.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:16 AM
Senior Administrator

This particular scam is more than two decades old. First time I saw it my Gramma got a letter in the mail, back in the 70's. It's been around. It keeps coming back b/c people keep fallin for it. If they din't it wudn't keep coming bak.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:21 AM
5th Gear

lots of stupid americans lose all their reasoning capabilities the second they see the words "millions" and "dollars"....honestly, if you're stupid enough, and greedy enough to fall for something like this.......................oh well, boo hoo....