Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone driven a Scion TC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Default Anyone driven a Scion TC?

This is not for me but for my older brother. He gets 8 MPG now (dodge durango with the V8 magnum) and he needs something relaible and with decent gas economy. He like sthe Tc but we havent gotten aroudn to driving one yet. Anything i should know b/c im helping choose a car. Also anything else he should look at. We are also thinking of maybe like a civic but Tc is teh 1st choice for now.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Anyone driven a Scion TC?

if your gonna get a TC wait casue since toyota took out the celica they are gonna up the power of the Tc to about 200+ to replace the Celica

the civic is a good solid car my friend has the Si Hatch it its purdy fun to drive

Old 08-16-2005, 12:53 AM

any idea how long it will be? I dont think he will care about it thou.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Administrator

probly in a year or so but if he doesnt care get the Tc now but i think the civic Si has better fuel economy since is it a smaller engine and lighter car

Old 08-16-2005, 01:36 AM
1st Gear

i work at a scion dealership. those cars are fun to drive with a 5 speed. the car is a little heavy for its size and has held up strong so far. TRD still hasnt released the supercharger for it yet afaik. but plenty of aftermarket bolt on power is currently available. tell yopur bro to take one for a spin

Old 08-16-2005, 01:45 AM
1st Gear

the scion tc sucks, it doesnt go into gear smoothly, and the ac controls are at a place that when you shift gears your fingers hit the buttons, the engine is not responsive and i think in a whole the car really does suck. If he wants to spend around 17 grand tell him to go to saturn and get an ion redline for 19 grand, 2 door (kinda) supercharged, and a really nice interior imo other than the where the gauges are placed

Old 08-16-2005, 02:57 AM

he couldnt care less about power, hes going to college and his car is getting old and expensive with the gas he is like teh rest of my family an djust want the car to work. Im teh only one that sees the point of modifying a car.

Old 08-16-2005, 03:39 AM
5th Gear

the new (dont think its out quite yet, but will be very soon) honda civic Si is effin awesome!

if he doesnt care about cars, tell him to buy a corolla, it's a no brainer... most reliable car on the planet.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:28 AM

well he cares what he drives or at least whAt it looks like so he wouldnt drive anything stupid like that. But he would do the honda route.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:50 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Riddler

the scion tc sucks, it doesnt go into gear smoothly, and the ac controls are at a place that when you shift gears your fingers hit the buttons, the engine is not responsive and i think in a whole the car really does suck. If he wants to spend around 17 grand tell him to go to saturn and get an ion redline for 19 grand, 2 door (kinda) supercharged, and a really nice interior imo other than the where the gauges are placed
did you seriously just suggest a saturn?
uhhhhh

i'd hold out on the power for the tC... or i'd go straight RSX-S

Quick Reply: Anyone driven a Scion TC?