Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone done a Cannon Ball Run

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:08 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Anyone done a Cannon Ball Run

ORIGINAL: apg96

haha funny story, i was typing a essay for school (3 pages and only took 45 min no rough draft) but i had no spelling errors as far as screwing up letters in orders.
Hard to believe that you could type 3 pages without error, when you can barely squeeze out a paragraph... but that IS a funny story. :P

And we aren't spending our lives spell checking forum posts, we just point out that any time typing should be spent typing properly. Especially at our age, when we're in school, or school is near. My prof today had to plead with us, a 2nd year university class, to try and be semi-formal in e-mailing him. He explained how he gets lots of emails that start of with, "hey, i was wondering what 2 study for the midterm, as i was gone that day. if u can help thatd be great."

u?
i?

This is a 2nd year university course... but, my point is, that people have made this habit. A habit, which as the professor was very determined to point out, makes you look like a fool. He went on and on about how terrible it makes the student look, and how he remembers said e-mails when students ask for referals and whatnot.

It's serious stuff.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:50 PM

that being very ture. This isnt a profesor and this isnt a university course this is a message board where ppl type messages to others. Not to ppl that need it to be formal. I proof read all me email and essays but i dont see the point of it here. Do u proof read all ur IMs and Txt meassages?

Old 09-14-2005, 12:00 AM

im disappointed that almost an entire page has been spent talking about spell checking [&:]

Old 09-14-2005, 12:29 AM
5th Gear

I guess I do sort of proof read everything... I read it as I am typing it. I am very conscious when I make a spelling mistake... grammar I can screw up in a post or message, if I edit it at the last second, and fail to re-read it to make sure the previous typing makes sense anymore...

And I know this isn't being read by professors... but I said that same thing -- why not just strive to do it always? Then it is effortless when it needs to be done.

And sometimes your posts are a chore to read, like literally, I'll have to back up, and re-read it like 3 times before I get the meaning of what you're trying to say. So because you neglected to be coherent... I've wasted precious moments of my life! They're gone! I can't get them back!