Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone done a Cannon Ball Run

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 12:32 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Anyone done a Cannon Ball Run

I think you miss understood my point agp.

I'm 30 and for years i typed and spoke the way you have posted.

That holds you back, no matter what degree, what school, or who your friends with.

I recognized the issue in your spelling, syntax, and miss-placed letters.

i was a bit abrupt about it.

Take it from a guy who has spent years correcting the same problems you have. It is an on going constant struggle. Work on it. Do not let it run rampant through your written life.

If you have to use Word, type your posts there run the grammar and spelling checker. Cut and paste here.

Tell you what,

when you get some hair on your chest and turn 21 i'll buy you a shirley temple..

No need for an apologie mate, i took none of it personal. I've said the same things back in the day of my youth, when folks presented me with the same glaring facts.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:40 AM

all your grammer, spelling, and spaced out posts are waaaay to long, i gotta scroll on and on and on..... [&:]

Old 09-12-2005, 02:57 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

ORIGINAL: Grouse

Bad spelling, is some what readable.

bad grammer is some what readable,

internet slang is some what readable.

But you sir.

time for you to go back to public school.

who the hell do u think u r. Ur a fukin n00b so shut it before u **** someone off that u dont want to. And for the record teh only ppl that can give me crap for my typing is ppl over me and a few other ppl. So watch ur mouth. And stay off my post. U dont need this from a n00b.
like me

apg... you suck at spelling... and grammer.
time to stop typing drunk in the dark!

Old 09-12-2005, 03:41 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sneakerpro

all your grammer, spelling, and spaced out posts are waaaay to long, i gotta scroll on and on and on..... [&:]

man i b pubicly screwled.

Dunna be noc'n my learnin.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:54 AM

I'm 34. My birthday was yesterday (everybody wish me a happy b-day!)

I've always sucked at spelling and editing, and I never went to college. I always use a dictionary. I like this whole use Word and then copy and paste, I'll try it sometime. I do the best I can here but am far more laxed (no-where near as bad as apg, though...no offense).

My strengths lay in other areas. I have a very high IQ and am a wiz at math, especially spatial relations.

So, just do what I did (especially you apg) and marry an English major (and French, she was a double major and she's a school teacher).

That way, when you need impotent thins don' rite, u can have her check and edit for you. Just remember that as an alternative option to trying to be so very f'n perfect in ever f'n way!

True genious is in focusing on your strengths and working with the strengths of others.

Now, can we get back to the genious of a cannon ball run!?

Old 09-12-2005, 05:28 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: SP4NK3R

True genious is in focusing on your strengths and working with the strengths of others.
i always thought it was better to <i>know</i> your strengths...and work on your weaknesses? who said that?

Old 09-12-2005, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: bentframe

ORIGINAL: SP4NK3R

i always thought it was better to <i>know</i> your strengths...and work on your weaknesses? who said that?
(nobody said that)

Depends on how you define weaknesses. You should attempt to get rid of your weaknesses or turn them into assets.

Whatever you focus on will only manifest. So, what happens when you focus on your weaknesses?

Old 09-12-2005, 09:38 PM
5th Gear

haha, this is funny because so many of us have ragged on apg for his spelling... but it's just 'cause he types so fast!

However, you dont type at 70 words per minute, if 35 of those words are spelled improperly. You may put down 70 strings of letters, which are uninterupted by a space... in any given minute... but yeah.

The word copy/paste thing is a pretty pimp idea.

And grouse, I do it for the same reason as you! I hate to think of the George Bush of 2025.... he'll be out "pwning n00bs" with his nuk3z!

Haha, seriously though... I know of people that have to concentrate when writing a resume, and it is a conscious effort to write an essay, without writing "u" and "i" and "y?" ...

It's pretty rough.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:37 AM

haha funny story, i was typing a essay for school (3 pages and only took 45 min no rough draft) but i had no spelling errors as far as screwing up letters in orders.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:42 AM
4th Gear

Alright seriosly, if reading post and spell checking them is your life, then its sad,get one. Who cares if he can't type, it only makes you look better.

Quick Reply: Anyone done a Cannon Ball Run