Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone a bartender here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 02:09 AM
2nd Gear
Default Anyone a bartender here?

I'm about to turn 18 and was thinkin' of becoming a bar back... and eventually a bar tender since it sounds like an awesome job to have thru college. Anyone had any experiance with this here?

Old 08-09-2005, 03:59 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Anyone a bartender here?

i've dated a bartender, seen the movie Cocktail, & i drink sometimes, so yah
you may want to start out with training in a sports bar atmosphere, but from what i've seen the club bartenders make the most money

Old 08-09-2005, 04:45 AM

18 and a bartender? Where do u live?

Old 08-09-2005, 05:00 AM
Administrator

not a bar tender a bar back, he will be basicly a stock boy and clean up, no mixing

Old 08-09-2005, 05:10 AM
Administrator

sounds like a fun job.. but i think you would have to be able to drink to be able to put up with all the drunks

Old 08-09-2005, 05:54 AM

oo i get it, so when u turn 21 they will hire u as a bartender. so ur like an apprentice.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:57 AM
Administrator

more like the guy that sweeps the floor at the shop while trying to become a mechanic.. or yeah apprentice... whatever you prefer

Old 08-09-2005, 06:13 AM

like the guy at everyones shp that does all the work noone wants to do and the only thing that gets him thru is teh chance to do what those guys do. Like that?

Old 08-09-2005, 03:30 PM
5th Gear

i got my bartender's license a while back, it's pretty easy to do...never actually got a job though, as i moved to a semi-small town with semi-sh!tty bars...eventually if i move back to san jose or another big city i'll do it...it's definitely good money, and it's all tips, so most of it is tax free, which is insane....i was in cocktails, i was the main character (brian flanigan)

Old 08-09-2005, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Fieldy

I'm about to turn 18 and was thinkin' of becoming a bar back... and eventually a bar tender since it sounds like an awesome job to have thru college. Anyone had any experiance with this here?
I started working at a bar my Freshman year in college. The pay was real shitty, but was just biding my time until I was 21. When I turned 21, I started bartending. That job was some of the best fun I've ever had. Pounded brew all night, chicks show you their **** for free drinks, the tips rock and chicks dig bartenders. That job helped put me through school. I would highly recommend it. Just remember your studies come first. Saw a lot of my co-workers have problems with this. After-hours parties would keep them from classes in the morning. A lot of people flunked out of school. If you have the discipline...do it.

Quick Reply: Anyone a bartender here?