Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anybody from Toronto, Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Default RE: Anybody from Toronto, Canada?

Well what kind of options are you looking for and I will see whta is out there if not we acn always find something for you

ORIGINAL: cdnskier

clconversion: i've been looking at your dealership for an a4, anything worth making the drive out to whitby for???

Old 04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
3rd Gear

If moron Bush pputs thedraft back ion place...anyone have a basement i can crash in??? Cuz i aint fighting this ***' war...

--E

Old 04-13-2005, 03:53 AM
1st Gear

i lived in north york, toronto. right by fairview mall. but i moved to cali. i miss Canada. its completley different then orange county. but ya. how is it up there?

Old 04-13-2005, 11:18 AM
5th Gear

Yeah I'm in Bowmanville, which is 45 minutes east of Toronto (It's just east of oshawa).

Old 04-13-2005, 11:37 AM

What do u miss about Canada you muast be kidding was it the -30C with windchill days or the 2 feet of snow you have to drive through for 5 months of the year ?

ORIGINAL: whtaudi98

i lived in north york, toronto. right by fairview mall. but i moved to cali. i miss Canada. its completley different then orange county. but ya. how is it up there?

Old 04-14-2005, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

clconversion:

i just pm'd ya, not sure if u got it or not... but get back to me when u can and i'll tell ya what i got now and what i want soon... i'm dieing here, need an a4, hopefully a black one

Old 04-14-2005, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

Hey a4autocrossr, I'd let you crash in my basement if I had one... sorry... eh!

In response to the original question, I'm from downtown TO and now live in suburbia (near St. Clair and Bathurst) myself.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:17 PM
4th Gear

lol. i grew up by the Woodbine Centre mall in Toronto, right off Rexdale there... so yeah, rough upbringing. My neighbours shot eachother and we decided to move. Does that mall still have that fair in it?

Old 04-14-2005, 11:31 PM

Hey like take off eh. Like yanks have way bigger penises eh. It's all that non government subsidised food . . eh!

As far as flag waveing goes. Weird that it's ok for Hussein to violate UN sanctions and even for people at the UN to have secret illegal money deals with him. But better not enforce those sanctions. Oh no. Can't do that . . . eh?

I have two words for people who think free Iraq would be better off with Hussein. "Neville Chamberlain." Read your history.

Oh yeah. Just wait till the Iranians have nukes. Those guys are lunatics man. Wake up!

Old 04-15-2005, 02:08 PM
1st Gear

Okay, "Panzer Kommander" you have been listening to too much Rush Limbugh, or Fox news or some such Republican cheerleading horse crap.

First, I find your choice of aliases rather indicative of someone who really should familiarize themselves with history before going on about the “we saved the world from H*tl*r BS”. As Jew and a grandchild/great grandchild of Holocaust survivors I find your attitude reprehensible. America was dragged into both wars kicking and screaming and never made one tenth the contribution Newt Gingrich would have you believe.

We all know America had to be directly and deliberately attacked to get out of its deplorable isolationism in World War 2. Most people forget though, that neither the rape and pillage of an avowed but weak neutral (Belgium) nor the slaughter of a hundred innocent Americans at sea (the Lusitania), could bring America into the war. It is generally believed that even if the axis powers had just conducted the illegal unrestricted submarine warfare the US still would not have involved herself in the “defense of liberty” it took an unholy alliance of Germany and Mexico invading America to drag America into that (World War 1) war.

Oh and FYI, at no time in either war was America’s contribution as big as Great Britan’s, and when you consider that the entire British empire, not just GB was on side, the simple fact is, Jesse Helm’s has been lying to you.

Now as for Saddam Hussein, is he a bad man? Yes absolutely. But is the world better off without him? Well when he ran Iraq at least there was one country that was not a training ground for terrorists. But the part about Hussein that gets me, if your president had gone into Iran he could have waved real weapons of mass destruction (Iran is building a bomb, everyone knows it). POTUS could have said the US was warring with a state sponsor of terrorists (Iran not just supports, but in fact founded Hezbollah) and I suspect that International opinion of the US would not be so low. But by getting even with the guy who tried to kill ol' poppy Bush, son-of-a-Bush no longer has the military wherewithal – because the US armed forces are so depleted - to wage a war against friggin North Korea, let alone Iran.

PK learn some history before you start reciting ‘everything Fox news brainwashed into me’. Personally I find it offensive, and so do many of my American friends.

Michael

Quick Reply: Anybody from Toronto, Canada?