Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any other firearm enthusiast?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Any other firearm enthusiast?

This is certainly completely off topic, but I was just wondering if there were any other firearm enthusiast on AF. I'm sure there are. I'd own an armory big enough to supply an army if I could, but only have a couple pieces of iron at the moment.

I was bored, and at lunch dropped into a local shop and had my greedy mits on this sexy sweetheart today. I've fired a few Kimbers and hope to add one to my arsenal soon...

[IMG]local://upfiles/46738/2FF5BAB3D9764D97BB3AEEB7CCC726C7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Any other firearm enthusiast?

yup im one. i have a remington 700 sps with a leupold mark 4 lrt 3.5-10x scope. next gun will be a h&k usp compact .40 or .45 tactical when i turn 21 to carry.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

Sweet... I only have a S&W 686 .357 Mag and a Ruger P345 currently, but have plans to own at least one handgun in all of the mainstream calibers. I've looked at either the S&W MP or HK USP or P2000 in .40 S&W and I'd like a Kahr P9 in 9mm. First though I think I've got to add in a 1911. No collection can be complete without one, and Kimbers seem to be top of the line.

What state are you in? I want to get a carry permit, but its a PITA here in CA to get one... unless of course you've had past criminal convictions and are a celebrity like Sean Penn... then they hand them out like candy.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:20 PM
4th Gear

Because of my job I have a CCW and carry a Springfield Armory XD-9

Old 01-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Zombie Defense Force

^^what do you do again? i live in colorado but i will get the permit in texas. cant be that hard to get one in texas lol

Old 01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
1st Gear

Cool... I haven't had the pleasure of firing one... but I've heard good things from people about the XD-9. When I picked up my P345 I looked at the Springfield .45ACP varient... I can't remember if it was an XD model or not.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

^^what do you do again? i live in colorado but i will get the permit in texas. cant be that hard to get one in texas lol
In Texas I think the only requirement to carry is you put on sh*t kickers and a cowboy hat... then I thought you can strap anything on you want... lol

Old 01-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Zombie Defense Force

hahaha thats great. too bad my boost are too small ya i own some **** kickers. its a debate going on in my mind if i want to get .40 compact or .45 compact tactical. the tactical is compact and its threaded for a silencer oooo i want one of those

Old 01-24-2008, 05:33 PM
4th Gear

I manage a towing company that specializes in law enforcement impounds. Get alot of threats and have even had our front door fire bombed once already.

Not many peeps happy about shelling out cash to get their rides back.

As for the XD - they have a .45ACP version - but .45's are too big - imho - to carry concealed. Mine's the 4" version - not the subcompact - my hands are too big to grip it correctly.

I'm not too sure I'm comfortable with the XD. You see, you can't disarm it due to the internal hammer. So I carry it without a round in the chamber. Wanted to go back to the Ruger P90 - but they are slightly thicker, so I opted for the Springfield.

Fires nicely, plus I have the Crimson Trace laser sight on it (sole as a deterrent mostly).

There's a few gun nuts on here - CLX, SilverSeven and others... they do have their own armories... [:-]

Old 01-24-2008, 05:48 PM
6th Gear

I don't own a gun but I like them and eventually I want to acquire one.

I know CLX is a huge firearm enthusiast.

Quick Reply: Any other firearm enthusiast?