Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any boaters?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Default RE: Any boaters?

lol
3 seasons is where they're at !!!!

Old 08-09-2005, 06:18 PM
1st Gear

Yea they are! I've ridden/driven a few. It's pretty intense. There's this guy that has a boat in the marina where I work and he's got twin supercharged, i think they are 502s putting out like 875 HP apiece. It's a 30 foot or so Fountain and he said it runs a little over 100. That's scary! Thew new Sea Doo's are pretty intense, supercharged and intercooled, haven't heard any performance numbers or anything about them.

Maybe we should start a boater's group or something. We can be ever more elitist, we're boating Audi owners

Old 08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
1st Gear

At the risk of going off topic, this is probably the longest thread I've ever started. I was over on ASOG (Avenger Sebring Owners' Group) before I got my A4, but I was pretty much a troll there. Good group of guys there though, they're fanatics too lol.

This post got me up to "Rolling Start" I'm well ahead of my old pace. I think I'm gonna like it here.

Old 08-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

Don't really know much about boats but I'm looking at getting a smaller one to just cruise around and relax. Yamaha has a nice one, 21-24ft, 280hp, can seat 10 for about 30K - are these any good?

Anyone??

The boat my buddy just got fits that description perfectly twin engine 23 footer yamaha w/ 280 BHP and he paid around 30k for it.. he just bought it last month.. absolutely love driving it.. its fun throttle is very sensitive though