Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ants in the house again

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default Ants in the house again

we have ants in the house again. we sprayed the liquid outside the house and the powder and we got the damn bait stuff all over, but some more got in. anyone know of a spray or something for use inside the house thats also safe for pets?

Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Ants in the house again

Ants are a real bitch to deal with but unless you feel like risking getting cancer of the god knows what from risky chemicals I say just be happy it aint roaches[:'(]

Don't leave food or anything sweet lying around. If you keep everything very clean they tend to go away on their own.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
2nd Gear

Batteryacidwill do the trick! And do a number to your pets

Old 05-30-2007, 11:26 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: KiloByte
Don't leave food or anything sweet lying around. If you keep everything very clean they tend to go away on their own.
I live in Florida and ants and insects are an everyday occurence, well almost and what KiloByte says is unfortunately true. Does not mean you are a slob, but if they do not have a reason to come in, they won't come back.
I have stopped doing it myself a while back and contracted a company that uses 'safe' pet stuff. I do not have any pet but my logic is if it is bad for them, it can;t be that good for us, and even that stuff, I am not 100% convinced.

A quick search found this website with some creative ways: http://www.thefrugallife.com/ants.html

Good luck, ants suck.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:39 PM
2nd Gear

they walked in they a crack around the front door. made it into the dining room, walked along the rug there towards where all the shoes are and cut towards where my cat's food bowl is. thats like half the damn first floor in length!

Old 05-31-2007, 01:37 AM
dan
2nd Gear

don't leave your cat food down on the floor. Feed the cat, put the bowl away and wipe the floor. The cat doesnt need to free feed anyway.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:43 AM
3rd Gear

Ants can be a bitch. I agree, take away the food from the floor and double check your house for anything laying around that may attract them.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: dan

don't leave your cat food down on the floor. Feed the cat, put the bowl away and wipe the floor. The cat doesnt need to free feed anyway.
i wanted to, but we cant. were away at work all day and theres nobody to feed him when he's awake, so we leave the food out for him. thing is, they havent made it into the bowl, jsut around it.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 AM

I hate ants! I battled with them at my last two houses and what everyone said is true. If you know where they are coming in from the outside then lay down a little cayenne pepper around the entrance and they won't come in. Seriously. What else would you expect a Chef to say?

Cheers!

Old 05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
4th Gear

I have them also so I feel your pain brother! Just last week I bought someChocolate crumb donuts not even opened, wake up looking forward to eating them with my coffee, AND ANTS ALL OVER THEM! [:@]I have traps and spray this cedar stuff my boss gave me. It works pretty good and dont stink like chemicals. Something else I know that works is to draw a line with chalk and they wont cross it. Not sure the actual brand of the cedar spray its either "Cedar Cide California" or "Cedar Zone".

Quick Reply: Ants in the house again