Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Answer a question & Ask any question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Answer a question & Ask any question?

A: YES!!! ALWAYS!!! In fact, I just smoked a pipeful[8D]

Q: That thing you do... You know... That thing. Where do you do it? AND, why?

Old 01-16-2006, 04:29 PM
2nd Gear

a: anywhere i can...and there is no why...there is only the doing or the not doing....

q: have you ever walked out of a movie because it was just soooo bad? or wished you did.?

Old 01-16-2006, 04:40 PM
4th Gear

A: I walked out of a several movies. Most recently, I bailed on "Gods & Generals". I wanted to walk on "History of Violence" but the chick I was with wanted to stick it out so I did.

Q: What is the next GOOD movie that is coming out?

Old 01-16-2006, 04:53 PM

A: The new pirates of the Caribbean, Davinci code (i hope) and a few more but i cant think of them right now.

Q: Do u consider ur car an investment?

Old 01-16-2006, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear

a: not in the traditional sense...from a $$$ it is a depreciating asset...but it is an investment in personal quality of life. Pays profits every time I drive it!

q: Will iPod or Tmobile/Palm win the personal computer/organizer/phone/camera wars?

Old 01-16-2006, 05:54 PM

A: the tmobile simply because tehy started with the phone which will be the hardest to make. Ipod will have trouble doing such a thing with the ipod.

Q: How many people have today off from work or school?

Old 01-16-2006, 06:04 PM
4th Gear

A: The new Palm Treo is loaded up with Microsoft - Palm's former uber-rival. It is getting crap reviews that are aimed squarely at MS and I guess at Palm too for folding to MS. Maybe they will get things worked out, and MS always seems to come out on top, but I don't know if that will turn out as a big win. I'm sure that the consumer won't win. [:@]

Q: When will we see a real rival to MS? (Linux is not there and isn't getting there.)

Old 01-16-2006, 06:04 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

A: the tmobile simply because tehy started with the phone which will be the hardest to make. Ipod will have trouble doing such a thing with the ipod.

Q: How many people have today off from work or school?
Too many.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: pturbo

A: The new Palm Treo is loaded up with Microsoft - Palm's former uber-rival. It is getting crap reviews that are aimed squarely at MS and I guess at Palm too for folding to MS. Maybe they will get things worked out, and MS always seems to come out on top, but I don't know if that will turn out as a big win. I'm sure that the consumer won't win. [:@]

Q: When will we see a real rival to MS? (Linux is not there and isn't getting there.)
A. when the courts finally break MS up

Q. should MS be broken up

Old 01-16-2006, 06:26 PM
4th Gear

A: I don't think it is a job for the courts, but phone companies did get more innovative and speeded up bringing new services to market when the Bell system/AT&T took a beating in court(but there is a big difference between the national phone system and an OS). I would rather some kids in a garage somewhere come up with a better OS and beat MS the old fashion way - by being better(and refusing to sell out to MS along the way). If you think it can't be done, think what Apple did to big ol' IBM back in the day.

Q: Is anyone here into programming or going into it?

Quick Reply: Answer a question & Ask any question?