Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Answer a question & Ask any question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:58 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Answer a question & Ask any question?

A> because it's the "future"

Q. I meant like active cruise control, adaptive stearing, and all that nonsense, what are your thought on those?

Old 03-10-2008, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

A) Because companies are trying to make their cars futuristic looking to keep the market changing. All the electrical stuff is supposed to make cars more reliable (less moving parts) but in fact makes them a pita to work on

Q) anyone wanna do gumball 3000 in 2012 with me?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 AM
4th Gear

a: cruise control is nice, adaptive steering is a great idea and will make driving way more fun. some other things such as the cars that can sense they'll be in an accident is pretty cool...

cars that park themselves and the "idrive" however are terrible, because its just a waste of time and/or money...

q. what are your thoughts?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:02 AM
4th Gear

a2: im in for gumball!!!!!! haha looks so fun

Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

A) I think that adaptive cc, auto-parking etc is a bunch of bs and will eventually cause more harm than good. Machines aren't perfect, and I saw T3 so I don't want my bimmer to take over the family with idrive lasers, and autoparking over the dog etc...

Q) This isn't too much of a conspiracy theory is it?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:11 AM
6th Gear

A. hell yes, but will you pay for it
A2. Personally, I don't like all the stuff getting added to cars, sure they make driving "safer" but that is because they are slowly but surely taking the driver out of the equation. For example they are already testing cars that drive themselves and with adaptive cruise control the driver doesn't have to pay as much attention to the road, so they start talking on there cell phones more. Personally, I rather have a 900WHP Viper with not traction control, no stability control, so that I can break the thing loose in any gear I so choose, yes it would be scary to drive at times, but it would keep me alert and I'd have a huge smile on my face while doing it.

Also all this new electronic gadgetry just makes cars heavier, example: Bugatti Veyron - weighs in at 4162.33 lbs, top speed 253.8 MPH makes 1001BHP to do it vs McLaren F1 - weighs in at 2513 lbs, makes 501hp/ton and tops out at 240MPH, now don't get me wrong the Veyron is a wonderful piece of engineering but I feel like cars are slowly losing their souls. Just my opinion though

A3. No it's not a conspiracy theory at all

Q. What is your biggest pet peeve with others on the road?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 AM
1st Gear

A1) I'm saving up for it now so hopefully I'll have enough by the time I wanna do it along with college grad present maybe.
A2) Theres a lot but I'd say when people are on a two lane on ramp, and the right lane ends and they expect the left lane drivers to get out of their way so they can merge.

Q) which is worse, people talking on their phone while driving or not using blinkers?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:21 AM
6th Gear

A. Talking on their phones, that one usually leads them to sliding into my lane anyway, going 5 under the limit, and randomly changing lanes anyway. I rather just have to be aware of the car then have to guess, "when there gonna strike".

(my friend got ran into a guard rail because of some dumb B***h on her cellphone drifting into his lane)

Q. What are your thoughts on the idea of drive right pass left?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

A) I'm a little confused, how is that different from what we already use ? Or are you talking about left lane for passing ONLY. Not for idiots going 5 under

Q) ^^

Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 AM
6th Gear

A. yes, like Europe where you drive in the right lane and only pass on the left. It makes so much sense to me.

Q. Why am I in such a mood to b!tch about society tonight?

(I'm not usually like this)

Quick Reply: Answer a question & Ask any question?