Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Angry Topic!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default RE: Angry Topic!

ORIGINAL: drkenan

I think the government makes too much $$ off of marij to make it legal. On a side note though, I wrote a research paper in college on why marijuana SHOULDN'T be legal (I had to debate this stupid hippie chick) and there are some downsides to it that you don't really realize. It's been awhile but I remember that pot has 4 times more tar than tobacco and that of course your motor skills won't quite be up to par. But anyway, if cigarettes are legal (and I used to smoke [&:]) then marij should be too.
I thought thats why the govt wont legalize it - cuz they dont make any $$ off it...
how do they make $ off it? Very interesting stuff...

Old 03-07-2006, 04:33 AM
2nd Gear

A) It's not actually illegal. They just make the process required to obtain it legally a virtual stonewall. I don't feel like explaining the whole thing, but look it up, it's interesting.

B) The primary reason that the govt doesn't want it readily available has nothing to do with it being used as a drug, but rather it's other, more textile uses, ones that could easily out a huge chunk in the profits of many large textile companies.. At least, that's the case according to many conspiracy nuts, I don't know if I buy that, but you should research that as well. You might believe it, you might not, but it's good to look at every possible angle. Know thine enemy kinda stuff.

As it happens, I couldn't care less if they "legalized" it. I hate the stuff. I tried it twice, once just because, and once due to the fact that I was dating a stoner who was rather upset that I never smoked out with her. I think it's crap, but that's just me. I don't fault anyone else for liking it.

Racing was also good prevention for all drugs since I was getting tested every few weeks so I wouldn't have been able to get away with it anyway. By the time I wasn't getting tested constantly and could have gotten high all I wanted, I was like, "Well hell, I'm not an experimentative teenager anymore, so why start now?"

Old 03-07-2006, 12:28 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

B) The primary reason that the govt doesn't want it readily available has nothing to do with it being used as a drug, but rather it's other, more textile uses, ones that could easily out a huge chunk in the profits of many large textile companies.. At least, that's the case according to many conspiracy nuts, I don't know if I buy that, but you should research that as well. You might believe it, you might not, but it's good to look at every possible angle. Know thine enemy kinda stuff.
this is actually not as true now as it used to be...back when weed was first made illegal, this was the primary reason back in the early 20th century...it's not really a conspiracy anymore...i'd say it's about as much a conspiracy as the first trip to the moon...some people say it didn't happen, but unless you're an idiot, you can't deny the facts.

the government doesn't make any money whatsoever on marijuana. they actually waste billions of dollars a year trying to keep it out (even though 80% of the weed smoked in cali comes from CALI. the reason they haven't made it legal in the last few decades is because they can't figure out a way to successfully regulate it.