Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Alright.. Need some insight

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:09 PM
4th Gear
Default Alright.. Need some insight

Ok.. I got to write an essay.. and its being entered in a contest. And I'm actually a fairly good writer, I know some AF'ers have helped me out with editting my shat. But anyway... I'm not to keen on what this little essay is on.

ESSAY TOPIC: "When are rules not enough?"

The student must create an essay that answers ALL of the following questions:
1. Choose a current law you believe is inadequate in meeting an ethical challenge you feel strongly about
-a. State the law strongly or rule and focus of the law or rule.
-b.Briefly describe the ethical challenge
-c. Create a brief scenario to illustrate the law/rule, its limitations. Can we ever create enough rules to meet the ethical challenge you described.

2. Discuss the relationship between laws/rules and ethical behavior. Can we ever create enough rules to meet every ethical challenge?

3. What ethical values or standards must be invoked to address the ethical challenge you described?

4. What is your responsibility in addressing an ethical challenge you chose for this essay? What action can you take?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok.. so the reason I'm not to keen on this topic is because it doesn't fit my style of writing very well, I prefer to challenge things and voice myself very strongly.

And the fact I'd kill a human baby for a Ferrari 355 doesn't help me on this topic

But anyway.. I know its individuals who feel strongly about certain things.. throw some topics out there and I wanna see if any of them catch my eye. I'm a clutch writer..so of course this is due tomorrow. Help me out AF'ers

<3 amze.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:12 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Alright.. Need some insight

Just wrote an essay for 1/2 of my english final. Im pooped wish I could help!

Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 PM
2nd Gear

here u go man.... BEST topic i bet you will find!

The one about equal opportunities for foreign people in the US when they are looking for jobs.
Not saying im against them getting jobs but if a caucasian is more qualified than the next guy but the next guy happens to be some one of purple skin or ethnicity then he gets the job because the company needs to keep a proper ratio.

Hope that helps and gets a good start for ya. i definitely would choose that topic myself.

Good luck, and i used purple cause im not racist one bit and come to learn that its the best way to come across with out insulting people.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:38 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: TKneedsS4

here u go man.... BEST topic i bet you will find!

The one about equal opportunities for foreign people in the US when they are looking for jobs.
Not saying im against them getting jobs but if a caucasian is more qualified than the next guy but the next guy happens to be some one of purple skin or ethnicity then he gets the job because the company needs to keep a proper ratio.

Hope that helps and gets a good start for ya. i definitely would choose that topic myself.

Good luck, and i used purple cause im not racist one bit and come to learn that its the best way to come across with out insulting people.
Hmmm.. I'm not sure. I'm considering something regarding religion.. or possibly our government. Idk, that is one I'll consider though. I wanna be on the edge.. thats for sure.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:08 AM
3rd Gear

talk about how there are no conservative republican presidential canidates...and no good dem/rep canidates at all for all that matters.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:11 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Bogie

talk about how there are no conservative republican presidential canidates...and no good dem/rep canidates at all for all that matters.
Not real big on politics.. in that sorta sense.. So I dont feel I'm qualified to write about that without doing research.. and being its due tomorrow I dont have time for tha research haha sorry man!

Keep em coming'

Old 01-31-2008, 12:50 AM
2nd Gear

Dude, you are screwed. Don't know if any of these will help, specially since you ain't got time to research.

The law that allows Credit card co.s to jack your interest rate cuz you dont pay on time. Obviously if you cant pay on time, you ain't got much money, but they are allowed to make you pay more. Same goes for banks who charge overdraft fees up the wazoo, even if they only have to cover a buck or two.

Camera ticketing sytems. Car abd Driver's website may be a resource, cuz they talk about this once in a while, even on a legal and ethical level.

Cars and Global warmingand emissions laws. Again C/D may have some stuff online.

Go to the "Crime and Punishment" section on MSN.com and see what they might have. Might even have a legal section there. You might get some ideas and have resources to back it up too. Good luck, man. This is why I went to Art school. didn't have to write often and I can paint for days at a time.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:54 AM
4th Gear

Ive got one for you! Why dont you write it on how much power our govermnet really has. And how they could flip on us and totally hide it becasue kids that are born now are being tought that everything the governtment says is the truth. Thats a good topic.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:55 AM
4th Gear

Sean, get the **** off my account before I murder you in real life ^

Old 01-31-2008, 12:58 AM
4th Gear

I don't know about killing a baby for an F355, but put a Koenigsegg CCXR in the deal and I think I can see it...

..er, I mean... you could write about abortion rights. Since part of the essay is meant to discuss whether or not there can be ENOUGH rules/laws to fully cover the ethical facet of an issue, you could come at it from the perspective of those who say that there shouldn't be ANY laws on abortion, because they feelit's not a decision that should be made by lawmakers - vs. those who say that it absolutely IS a decision that should be made by lawmakers, because they feel it SHOULD be illegal.

Quick Reply: Alright.. Need some insight