Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

To all of you who have been pulled over for speeding on the highway,where was the cop hiding?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 04:21 AM
2nd Gear
Default To all of you who have been pulled over for speeding on the highway,where was the cop hiding?

So where do you think is the best or most likely spot for a cop to be sitting looking for speeders? I always thought they sat at exits and those u turn stops.

How many of you saw the cop before he was behind you with the lights on?

Old 06-25-2006, 10:18 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: To all of you who have been pulled over for speeding on the highway,where was the cop hiding?

There are many speed traps out there. Common ones are: Directly behind a blind curve, right after the apex of a hill as you come speeding down and theres no way to slow down in time even if you do see him, behind a low billboard, behind the wall of an overpass, hiding in the center divider thats made of trees or brush, on a little dirt road that hidden by trees. Basically anywhere that you won't see till its too late to brake. Sometimes they aren't hiding at all just sitting there on the shoulder of a long straight shooting fish in a barrel, that how I got caught. I'm usually so observant with the others but that time I didn't expect him to just be sitting there out in the open.

Old 06-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: To all of you who have been pulled over for speeding on the highway,where was the cop hiding?

ive been pulled over for traps on exits and overpasses. One time was at night and didnt even see the cop till he was literally right next to me... my other times were more around town. But most commonly is theyll be sitting places that you cant see them from far away. around corers at the apex of a hill etc.

Old 06-26-2006, 03:31 AM
4th Gear

ive never actually been pulled over on the highway but the state cops at real C***sucking motherf-ers. i had one come behind in a construction zone , i was going 45 i respect the road people when they are doing their job, this a-hole i tailgating hitting me with radar k band ka band and laser then speed off like a bullet going atleast 80 then slows down in the fast lane trying to get someone else.

Old 06-26-2006, 03:31 AM
4th Gear

ive never actually been pulled over on the highway but the state cops at real C***sucking motherf-ers. i had one come behind in a construction zone , i was going 45 i respect the road people when they are doing their job, this a-hole i tailgating hitting me with radar k band ka band and laser then speed off like a bullet going atleast 80 then slows down in the fast lane trying to get someone else.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:04 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SAudi

LOL, thats hilarious!! I have never actually been pulled over in all my 7 years of driving, despite the fact that I do speed quite a bit, but I enjoy giving cops the "yeah right!" look when they're sitting in some really obvious place on the highway and spraying people with radar. I would have laughed my *** off if one came up behind me and turned on all his crap to try and catch me.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:32 AM
2nd Gear

I'm always cautious of hills and curves, I do what I call sprints, when its straight and no bridges and can see the median is clear for the next mile, jam it and sprint to the end of the horizon, then slow down, go over the hill, check the area, sprint again, repeat.