Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

All of AF, read this. Unlike a lot of things, it actually matters.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Administrator
Default All of AF, read this. Unlike a lot of things, it actually matters.

OK all, normally links in sigs or posted in threads, which would be seen as commercial, are verboten on AF. This one is the exception because it's probably one of the first that is worth a damn and actually matters. Big thanks to Erik (aka ObnoxiousDrunk) for bringing this to light.

One of our own, an Audi enthusiast on AudiZine, screenname Overspun, is in treatment for Leukemia, and AudiZine has developed a T-shirt sale fundraiser to help him offset some of his medical expenses. They're footing the bill in full at first, and then partially after a certain quantity of sales.

The shirts are cool, but even if they weren't, this is still worth our support. He's a fellow Audi owner, car enthusiast, and person, and this disease is pretty ruthless. It really doesn't matter if you're 16 or 60 years old, you own an Audi so you're not poor. Buy one of the shirts. Help out someone who could use it, despite the fact that he'd probably never come asking you to do so. Put off the purchase of those silver painted turn signal bulbs for a week if you must but just do it - we should all be as hopeful that someone would do the same for us.

Here's the link to the details. Let's see if we can give him a hand.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336929

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
Got the mods and admins over at AudiForums to post info and a link as well:

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=144205
Originally Posted by Anthony
Props to them for that. Classy move on their part to put any "rivalry" aside in the name of helping out a fellow brother. [up]
just so you know....they appreciate our "class"!
very thoughtful of you obnoxiousdrunk to think of this.

Last edited by S4sweeteeteeRS; 01-12-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Very cool to see that. Hopefully we as a forum can represent and help take a bite out of what must be some fearsome expenses.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Senior Administrator

I gots MINE, yo! Gonna post up a piccy, or two, when that come in. The shirts IS uber-qool, and only $15.00 Sm-Md-Lg/$18.00 2XL-3XL

Old 01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
3rd Gear

wasn't aware of any rivalry.......even if there is, this is one time everyone should see each other as we are, Audi owners.

not looking for any recognition, just trying to make a difference and do what is right for my fellow members.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Heheh, I doubt he meant anything by that - you know how interforum "relations" can be sometimes lol. I was glad to see the outpouring over on AZ for him though - one of the Admins mentioned that they sold 200 shirts, raising $3000, in three days. That's incredible, and it looks like it hadn't slowed down either. Add in what they're raising on the raffle and straight donations, plus what we hopefully can add from here, and it should add up to a considerable total.

Jazz, I hear ya - ordered my black one earlier this evening. The shirt is pretty bad-***. Looking forward to rocking that in the near future.

Erik, I don't think for a minute that anyone would think you were doing it for recognition or for any reason other than trying to do what's right and get some additional exposure for the fundraiser - nonetheless, credit is due especially if it ends up helping him out. Props.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
this is one time everyone should see each other as we are, Audi owners.
Humans...we are all human, and subject to the same strengths, and the same frailties. Audis just happen to be something we all love.

Cheers to you, mate.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by Gordon Freeman Jr
Humans...we are all human, and subject to the same strengths, and the same frailties.
speak for yourself, Earthling!

i...

come from...

an otherwhen...

Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
speak for yourself, Earthling!

i...

come from...

an otherwhen...
Well, actually...

Old 01-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Senior Administrator

You TOO?!?!?!?

I thought you looked familiar!

Quick Reply: All of AF, read this. Unlike a lot of things, it actually matters.