Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Airsoft Experts

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Default Airsoft Experts

My buddies and I are taking a trip to a secluded cabin that one of them owns and there are a lot of woods surrounding it so they bought some airsoft guns and we're going to have a pretty sweet time. I don't have a gun yet and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what I should get. Basically I want the most power and accuracy for my money.... Any suggestions?

Old 06-23-2008, 03:05 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Airsoft Experts

get an AEG

a little pricy but you will walk all over your friends with one of those. **** and shoot guns are only fun for so long...

Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 AM
1st Gear

I got into airsoft pretty heavy when I lived in Japan. My friends and I used Tokyo Marui stuff exclusively. Once you have a decent gun the upgrades are endless. I had an MP5 that had a base price of $250 and I dumped about $400 into it with upgrades and accessories. It's definitely not a cheap toy for sure. Oh, and be sure not to skimp on eye protection. I can tell you from first hand experience that a bb can slip in anywhere, and after hospital stays and laser surgery (to correct a torn retna) the small price for a good set of goggles is well worth it. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to contact me...

Old 06-23-2008, 08:46 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

The Mauri stuff is pretty good, if you want a cheapass plastic gun that you have to do a ton of work to before you can use it. ICS is a far better gun, all metal with upgraded parts, and you can use 90% of the upgrades for the Mauri guns with them.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Zombie Defense Force

be the only one to bring a bb gun and you will have more fun

Old 06-23-2008, 02:10 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

you should bring a daisy bb gun, those pump rifle ones. The ones you could pump up like 10-12 times. That would be hilarious. unless someone lost an eye then it would just be funny.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:06 PM

How much are you willing to spend and when do you need it? Unless there is a good shop near you the best place to order is online. Some good stores are:
www.redwolfairsoft.com (japan)
www.wgcshop.com (japan)
www.depot53.com (usa)
www.hotspotairsoft.com (usa)

Tokyo Mauri is a good brand if you are going to dump money into upgrades since they come with plastic bodies and usually shoot sub 300fps. ICS, G&G and Classic Army are good brands with metal bodies and decent gearboxes that will shoot about 300-350fps with .2g bb's out of the box for around $300. Stay away from cheap chinese guns on ebay and local sports stores since they won't last long. If you get a gas pistol you will probably have to spend even more if you want a good one since they are far more stuborn.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:28 PM
5th Gear

paintball>airsoft, thats all I have to say. I have probably $3000 in gear, plus a full field (I bought out a paintball field that was closing up).

If airsoft is your thing though, all I can say is have fun.

Nothing against airsoft, before someone gets all defensive about it... I just think paintball is waay better, given the choice.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:52 PM

I think paintball sucks, go figure. The only way to enjoy it is to have a stupidly expensive gun because the low-mid range ones shoot like ****. The guns have almost no way of aiming and the c02 tank is big and anoying. Paintballs are also like $80 for a couple hundred and you often have to use field paint. Not to mention it's not semi realistic at all like airsoft is. I suppose this is just like everything else in the world where there are different things for different people.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

Never do shirts and skins when playing airsoft.

It sucks to be the skins.....especially when one guy has a full automatic assault rifle style gun

Quick Reply: Airsoft Experts