Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

it aint an audi unless the CEL is on

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:04 PM
1st Gear
Default it aint an audi unless the CEL is on

i got this car in early december of 06. not even a week later at approx 400 miles, check engine light goes on. i call the dealer they say the gas cap needs to presurized and no biggie you can drive it and shii, that was on friday. i bring it in monday, fault code says low boost. lol accuse me of getting my car chipped and didnt help me. VERY FUNNY! i let it go b/c the CEL never went on again. now at 3k miles, CEL comes on again. this time, high boost and system rich. LOL im laughing my *** off kause they didnt want to help me b/c i have multiple modifcations. which all have been done by a reputable professional shop, kmd tuning.

i can see where they're coming from, but if what's causing this **** was my aftermarket parts, why tha fck did the CEL go on at 400miles? and if it is, PROVE IT to me and i'll leave you alone kause it's my fault. but til then? anyone have any suggestions?

Old 02-09-2007, 05:36 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: it aint an audi unless the CEL is on

kidnap someone from the dealership untill they sort it out

Old 02-09-2007, 08:28 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: kristokes
LOL im laughing my *** off kause they didnt want to help me b/c i have multiple modifcations. which all have been done by a reputable professional shop, kmd tuning.
SORRY BUDDY. dealership has the right to do that. im really sick of all (not saying that youre one of them) ******** that come in and act like its not their fault that their car brakes when its moded and they want warranty to take care of it. It wasnt done by the dealership, thats all that matters. Why would they waste their time? Now ill give an example of what we deal with every day.. One of the tt guys at Audiworld services his car at our dealer. one day it came in on a tow truck with his hole back end suspension collapsed.. Slammed tt with aftermarket **** all over the place and he throws up a storm that the warranty wont cover the work/parts. best part is that the tt is at 130K miles. Oh and the only time youre going to get turned away is when youre a dick to them. Best advice i can give you is to be nice to the Service Advisor(s). They dont want to turn you away because they will make really good money off of you especially if nothin is covered. But if youre one of those "dicks" they will gladly do it.

Actually youre lucky that your whole suspension/exaust warranty didnt go out the window. And if its really cold by where you are, then i wouldnt worry about the CEL and low boost. it could be from a hose clamp expanding and contracting due to the cold/heat . make sure youre not leaking coolant or anything like that. happens every day.

And just so everyone knows, alot of people that work at audi do have moded audis and are actuall car people.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:50 PM
4th Gear

I hate all 90% of Dealers, cause there full of hot shot ******** who don't know how to put a customer first... If you only put an after market exhaust on then it should be under warranty, that isn't gonna **** up anything. They are accusing you of having a chip when you don't have one? haha, thats ridiculous.. I'd be pissed

Old 02-09-2007, 11:52 PM
4th Gear

And 18T I hope that guys has down syndrome, if your car has 130k on it, full mods and your bitching then your a ******* embarrassment to society. Thats not really a good example, I hope those are one in a billion... Not all people can be that dumb

Old 02-10-2007, 04:03 AM
1st Gear

that sucks. just find someone willing enough to do it form the dealership.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:58 AM

What mods are done to your car?