Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

AF tokers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
5th Gear

Give him some time to dig up some youtube videos for you. He'll "prove" that weed is the devil.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
4th Gear

im a huge loser!!!! lemme ask a question anyone ever heard of growin in a fridge? and also using a energysaving bulb instead of a high temp bulb? i hear that using leds also increasing potency is this true?

Old 02-09-2009, 03:36 PM
3rd Gear

Heres the low down on how to grow some tomatoes.

Brow boxes/cabinets are a good way to grow for personal use in an inconspicuous way. Grow boxes can be made of nearly anything you want, a frige or chest freezer, dressers, file cabinets, plywood, there are also companies that sell pre-made boxes in various sizes.

One of the most important parts of a box is ventilation. Activated carbon filters are available in various sizes and prices, a grow box would only need a small one probably <$50. This will nutralize all odor from the box (providing its sealed up tight and has directional airflow through the filter)

Some boxes are partitioned into a vegatative chamber and a flowering chamber so plants of different ages can be kept growing at the same time, under different conditions, and downtime between flowering is essentially none.

As far as lights are concerned there are a few options. One solution is to use ordinary flourescent tube lights to start seedlings and grow plants while theyre in the vegatative period, then to switch them to HPS or MH lights for flowering (hence the 2 chambers in a grow box).

The next option is CFL's (compact flourescents). These are available at homedepot or similar stores, sometimes as flood lights. Several of these can provide the plants with light through all stages of growth as long as the photoperiod is changed to 12/12 for flowering (hours of light/dark). They are also accessible and relatively cheap.

A new High-tech approach is LED lighting. Benefits here are extremely low power usage and a light spectrum that is specalized based on the different color LED's. These also produce very little heat.

Arguable the best quality comes from HPS lights, but power usage, heat, and cost may all come into play. Flowering under normal flourescent tubes produces strech, lower potency, etc etc. Its just not the correct spectrum of light. The CFL's are better than normal flourescent tubes but the spectrum still leavs room for improvement/optimization. The LED's are a fairly new technology(for this application) and iv read quality of some light systems is poor, though some people are claiming great results. Depending on size i think they are pretty expensive im not sure though. An HPS light might be the best couple hundred bucks you spend

Last edited by SourDieselS4; 02-10-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

^^^second that! My first set up was a small closet, using a 200watt HPS(many years ago about $200), small fan($15), 2gal. hydro aerator($45) all on a basic 20$ timer. Nutrients and water testing kit were about $60. All paid for itself the first harvest, putting four plants in each corner of the 2gal. pot, training them to grow horizontally in opposite directions. For those who dont know....a plants growth is directed to the tallest stalk. This causes each node from the main stem to become, essentially, a new plant. There are many techniques, like pinching, to produce a denser bud. I dont by any means claim to be a expert @ growing, but do enjoy it as a hobby....much like working on our cars. It can help you find your center, so to speak. Much can be said, like cloning, temp. effect on growth density, Co2, hormones, tri-chromes, but in the end, even a professional cant provide a killer bud in contrast to what a amateur can with a superior strain...its all about the strain. I learned this from friends who do this as a profession in the competitive local of Humbolt. For years I questioned what I was doing wrong. My product quality was poor, like dirt or mex. weed. Thinking it was the high tech. setup my friends had I spoke with them and was offered a clone. Immediately, during veg. growth stage, I noticed a difference. Keep in mind this was with my 200watt HPS.(they had 1kwatt) Once harvest came I was a believer. So, Im sure more will be said through out this thread. I'll give turn.......and damn it Im still not high!
http://www.goldenseed.co.uk/gs/nl_female.html

Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
3rd Gear

100% its all about genetics. If you start with a few good seeds of different strains you can easily propagate from clones AND polinate some of the plants to make NEW seeds for future use. That was the plan this past summer, isolate and completely polinate an Early Girl female with one of the Early Skunk males. That kinda went down the *******.

Iv got to move to maine. 99 plants indoors or out is a misdemeanor. Now im facing a misdemeanor and 2 felonys for 11 females and 5 males barely showing pre-flowers. Insane.... 1.92 pounds of root, stick, stem, and leaf with a "street value of $32,000" ($2000 per plant rofl even males and one of the females which was a seedling)

Humbolt, Trinity, and Mendicino are like the mecca of ganja in the usa. Iv heard in harvest season thats all you can smell in those countys. The [illegal] marijuana industry there has brought the local economy back to life and the people who live there are thankfull for it.

It

Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

^^^yes. Its also great that because of competition around the Emerald Triangle, prices are low. Legally I could only have 10 plants($100 annual fee), but if I were seriously into profit I can sell to hospitals, but the strain I have now isnt well enough to meet medical grade. Im telling you SOURDIESEL, you need to move to northern CA.....your worries will fade away. With the housing market so low, now is the time. Im sure you'll love the atmosphere, nice weather, kind helpful people, you cant find a shred of hostility. Imagine, going for a swim in the local river finding others whom arent wearing clothes, or looking up at the night sky and seeing the Milkyway galaxy. You soon awaken to the the fact that this is were you belong.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:36 AM
2nd Gear

damn. all this talk made me spark it up.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 AM
3rd Gear

More ICmag ****

im lazy today

Old 02-14-2009, 11:13 PM
3rd Gear

after 7 weeks..... no more hash. How am i going to continue on in this hash-less world?

Old 02-15-2009, 03:17 PM
3rd Gear

How come half my pictures dissappear the day after i post them? I wonder if the owners of the pictures realize im stealing their bandwidth and un-host them...

WOP WOP WOP WOP! AYE THATS A HUGE COLA!

Chronic.