Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

AF tokers

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:39 PM
2nd Gear

i know its random, but people should know. this is a copy and paste, but i wrote it!

The President has already lied to us…

On Thursday of last week, Holistic Solutions (a medical marijuana dispensary) in South Lake Tahoe was raided by the DEA. Medical marijuana is legal in the state of California, as well as dozen other states, but that still does not stop DEA. In 2007 President Barack Obama repeatedly promised to the American voters that he would end these raids, and yet after this resent raid, he still has nothing to say and is not doing anything about it. Luckily for the patients inside the dispensary, nobody was arrested, but all the money and medical marijuana was confiscated at gunpoint.

I’m still baffled at why marijuana is still illegal. The old conception that marijuana is a very dangerous drug has changed and more and more people are beginning to realize this. If marijuana was legalized and taxed, it would become a multi-billion dollar industry, that could help communities rebuild and flourish. It can also create many new jobs for people all across America, which we need now more than ever. Not only has marijuana been proven less harmful than many prescription drugs, there are zero deaths from marijuana compared to 75,000 deaths a year from alcohol, which I remind you is legal. Also to top it all off, marijuana is not addictive and alcohol is. Wow, good decision making there.

If you are sitting there thinking that all hell will break loose if marijuana is legalized, look at Amsterdam, the weed capital of the world. Their economy is not crashing, people are not going crazy and killing each other over weed. The fact that marijuana is completely legal there means no drug raids and the crime rate is far less than in America.

It’s time for a change. Hmm, that sounds familiar.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:01 AM
3rd Gear
Thumbs up

I couldnt agree more, i think that in the next 4 years WE can put the pressure on and end prohibition. Remember its all about taking action yourself, it can be as simple as writing a few letters and keeping yourself informed. Norml is a great organization lobbing for the reform of marijuana laws, I am a mamber and make donations a couple times a year.

I got hit with charges back in August and iv really gotten more active in the legalization movement. Hightimes has some good articles on current happenings. The greatest and most significant hemp book is "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" by Jack Herer, great way to learn about all of the uses of canabis hemp. Its really unbelieveable.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:11 AM
2nd Gear

ya, i believe that if we keep the pressure up, sooner or later he will give in. its just going to take time because if he all the sudden makes it legal, all the people in jail are going to have a monkey **** fight and things might get out of hand. its just going to take some time.

even if he doenst make it legal, he is going to at least (hopefully) lessen the punishment for marijuana and grow field raids will stop. but only time will tell

Old 01-31-2009, 12:12 AM
5th Gear

this thread depresses me. no weed in almost 2 months

Originally Posted by scotts custom

The President has already lied to us…

On Thursday of last week, Holistic Solutions (a medical marijuana dispensary) in South Lake Tahoe was raided by the DEA. Medical marijuana is legal in the state of California, as well as dozen other states, but that still does not stop DEA. In 2007 President Barack Obama repeatedly promised to the American voters that he would end these raids, and yet after this resent raid, he still has nothing to say and is not doing anything about it. Luckily for the patients inside the dispensary, nobody was arrested, but all the money and medical marijuana was confiscated at gunpoint.
we are going thru an economic crisis right now. i dont think weed laws are a first month in office priority for obama. it'll be legal soon enough. until then, just dont be stupid enough to get caught.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Default Michael Phelps smokes a RooR

MIchael Phelps has been pictured hitting a nice RooR!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...abis-pipe.html

Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
4th Gear

the problem is states can approve the use of medical marijuana but the goverement still consideres it illegal and under ferderal law u can still be proscuted for breakin a federal law. federal prision is cleaner but way scarier!

Old 02-02-2009, 12:20 PM
3rd Gear

Thats the point. So far 14 states have passed medical marijuana initatives. Thats over 25% of the states and definitly over 25% of the population. If federal prohibitiion is ended states will be allowed to vote on their own marijuana laws IF they choose to have any. (ill vote no)

The federal government (DEA) isnt going to arrest you for a couple grams of weed, its not worth their time. Instead the DEA has resorted to raiding medical facilitys, growers, an users that are abiding by state laws AND have their doctors permission. In some cases federal agents use State employees to conduct raids which is a violation of state law by the sate officers. Obama said he would end federal raids in states with medical initatives. Now that hasnt happened yet for a couple reasons, first and formost is the recession, but also many people who worked under and FOR the bush administration are still in their jobs.

I dont want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but marijuana has been kept illegal and the american public has been lied to since the 1930's for the personal gain and prejiduce of a few. The BEST book you can read to learn more about this is "The Emperor Wears No CLothes" by Jack Herer. Its sickening what has happened since 1938. Cannabis Hemp is the one plant that has the ability to save out planet from the damage we have done to it. An annually renwable source of Fuel, Food, and Fiber that fixed c02 from the atmosphere at a greater rate than any other crop on earth. A hemp seed is the most nutritious thing on the face of the earth after a mothers milk.

Seriously Get active. Everyone is too content living in their houses smoking secretly and illegally because it dosnt effect them. One day it will hit home. Marijuana is benign, its marijuana prohibition that is dangerous. The justice system takes peoples money, their jobs, the respect of their community, and most importantly it can take their freedom. No person should be in prison for marijuana, yet hundreds of thousands are serving sentences for SIMPLE POSESSION and many many more cor cultivation and distribution.

This summer My father and I were both arrested and charged with cultivation of 16 female marijuana plants. Police tresspassed, then obtained an illegal search warrent, and found nothing but books, papers, a couple pipes, and less than an ounce in our house. After analysis it was determined that we grew 1.92 lbs of root, stick, stem, and leaf. The plants were barely showing pre-flowers. We have both been indicted on charges of Felony Manufacturing, Felony Conspiracy, and a misdemeanor posession. I was arrested in my front lawn by 4 poliece officers, my mug shot was on the front page of the newspaper 3 times because i was CHARGED not convicted, of a NON VIOLENT crime. This countrys drug policys are a ******* joke if you ask me.

I will have the last laugh, and im going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
4th Gear

damn sour thats a shitty *** thing to happen. I too have been caught by the cops for stupid *** reasons and then get treated wrong. but hey once they legalize it im gunna go light me up a fatass blunt right infront of police headquaters and laugh at those arrogant bastards who are power hungry at least in my city they are. no offense to any cops

Old 02-02-2009, 03:11 PM
3rd Gear

This is called cheese, i cant wait to have a garden full of this and breed it with something else.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
3rd Gear

This ones called free for all.