Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

advice from you older guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: advice from you older guys

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

oh and yes Jazz im only 20
natch, and OF COURSE, S4Sweetie is ONLY 20-something, too!!! Right Sweetie?

Old 10-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic
natch, and OF COURSE, S4Sweetie is ONLY 20-something, too!!! Right Sweetie?
....well i may look GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, but that's kinda pushin the envelope a bit!!
das alright...

Old 10-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Senior Administrator

well, you'll ALWAYS be 20-something to ME, anyway!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Seriously man, like AWDaholic said, even if this one goes away, another WILL happen at some point, and most likely you'll be in a far better position to take advantage of it. Believe me, breaking your *** to try and scheme together a plan to get a f*cking turbocharger is NOT the way to play it. By your own admission, you need the money you have. You aren't working, and yet you want to try and take on $2500 of debt on something that could well either blow up or otherwise fail, or could cause a problem to your only car, and as Redgoat said, you would then not even be able to get to work to make the money to fix it.

Seriously, get the job, make some dough, get yourself set up, and then have fun. For now, be glad that you have the car you have, because it's unlikely that many people your age drive nearly as nice a car. You can do plenty of other things with it in the meantime. Hell, the money I poured into my 300ZX was insane (I was 23 when I got it and was making good money at my job) - if I had the money back that I spent on that car, right here and now, I would only owe $3500 and change on my HOUSE. In hindsight, yeah it was fun, but was it worth it? Hell f*cking NO. Listen to us old farts - most of us have been in the exact situation you are in right now ("if I only do this, this, this, and this, then I should be able to just get enough to get this thing"), many of us DID get the toy in question, and I bet several of us found that the decision bit us hard in the *** later on. No disrespect expressed or implied by any means, but we've been there. It hurts to let it go to someone else, but you'll be happy about it later when you really weigh in with all the options and alternatives.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:26 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

lol thanks for all the advice guys. im really responsible when it comes to money and everything, and i would definitely be getting a job soon. so i dont think paying it back would be a problem. im just deciding on if its worth the hassle. but the deal just seems so perfect lol and i want to start building good credit anyways.
I like your style, you do seem responsible in that you have thought this out pretty thoroughly. There's a few things your not considering and they could do you in if you take the risks though. By that I mean debt without a job.

1. Expect the unexpected. Your car could get totalled and you still have the debt.
2. IF (big "if "but still) you are late on a payment, that sweet intro rate can go up to something like 22% and then they own you.
3. If you get hosed early in life on credit, it makes for a big whole to climb out of as as far as your credit rating goes.

Deals come and go all the time.

I would vote job + deal or no deal.

Check here for credit card info and pay off calculators.
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/cc_home.asp
Get knowledge it helps.

Doing credit cards is like juggling with knives, however when you get good at it, you can manipulate those companies around. My current car is on a 3.99% card (ballance transfer) and they hate me because i won't charge anything else on the card at the higher rate. But hey , they offered it and I took it.
My credit is so good that if they try to trick me and say I was late or I my bank online bill pay fails I still have other offers waiting in the wings with low APR.

Consider you next move wisely.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM

quite simple really ( no job=no car ) and you would be a fool to even try and the pain of loss is unbearable and the debt still stands[:-]