Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

advice from you older guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:37 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: advice from you older guys

Regardless of whether or not it's a good idea, I doubt very much that you will be granted enough credit to buy the thing anyway. Most people get less than $1000 of credit at first. And since you're not currently employed, they will be even less inclined to be generous with your credit line.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

BUT.....if you give your other credit card number (you & mom) just as reference, then just about ANY credit card company will want to issue you their card.
exactly HOW self-disciplined are you? everyone has good intentions going in to financial decisions, but if something unforseen happens....then that's when the snowball starts rolling.
you also need to realize that minimum payments on the balance is virtually all interest!! each month that ticks by is your profit going to the credit card company.
good luck. be carefulO.B.Wan Kanobie!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Senior Administrator

^^^HEY!!! Yura GIRL!!! He said GUYS!!! And, OLDER, you're, what, 18-20-something?!?!?!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:31 AM
1st Gear

I would say dont do it! Not worth it! Like you said that 2k is for rent and bills, 300hp is tight but not if your sleeping in the car too. Wait it out and pick it up when you have the cash. Americas credit card debt is out of control so dont become just another statistic. Just my .02

Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

^^^HEY!!! Yura GIRL!!! He said GUYS!!! And, OLDER, you're, what, 18-20-something?!?!?!
yes....yur funny!!

there's absolutely NO MISTAKEN.....i'm a girl.
and i replied simply because of my vast knowledge on all topics. it just wouldn't be right if i didn't share my wisdom.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
4th Gear

Trust me; this particular "deal" you've found may appear to be less expensive, but in the long run using a credit card to do it will be far more costly. You're better off to wait until you can afford to pay for this without a credit card, especially considering that you don't currently have a job. You'll probably get the turbo setup you want eventually; just be patient and work toward it. Don't try and force yourself to afford it by diving into a credit card debt.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:00 PM
4th Gear

Hey Chaos - you asked for advice here it is...

Forget about it. There is more to life than having a fast car. Get a job. Get financially stable. Then go to work on your car. I'm with Jazz on this one - another deal will fall down the pipe (or maybe an even better one) a year or so down the road.

But your priorities are skewed here. No job, relying on others - only to throw yourself further down a financial hole to get something you can live without?

Think about it... pass on it now, concentrate on you, you won't regret it

Old 10-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: chaos92287
i'll just have to quit smoking bud. and thats a sacrifice i can make for over 300whp

LMAo - how many times have u posted that over the years [:-]

seriously I agree w/ every1 above - avoid CC debt.. its much more beneficial long term.
save up & buy it straight out...or if u need to pull the trigger at least wait till your
job situation is stable...

trust me there will be other deals... as my friend outtie914 said to me once...

patience is a virtue...

Old 10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
5th Gear

lol thanks for all the advice guys. im really responsible when it comes to money and everything, and i would definitely be getting a job soon. so i dont think paying it back would be a problem. im just deciding on if its worth the hassle. but the deal just seems so perfect lol and i want to start building good credit anyways. as soon as i get back from south florida im gona start a serious job hunt. if i can get a job before someone else picks up this amazing deal, then i think im gona go for it. if not, i guess it just wasn't meant to be. thanks for everyone's input. i appreciate it

oh and yes Jazz im only 20

Old 10-25-2007, 03:28 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: i3uddha

trust me there will be other deals... as my friend outtie914 said to me once...

patience is a virtue...

Nah... she's just a tease

Quick Reply: advice from you older guys